Stuff that Cleans Chrome

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i've used WD40 / steel wool and i've used turtle wax chrome polish and a rag along with other stuff. Since ive been cleaning stuff inside the house, ive found fast orange hand cleaner doesnt stink up the house as much, and it cleans your hands too (kind of harsh on paint though !) :mrgreen:

what else do you guys use ?

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

i use brass bristle brushes and wd 40 or barkeepers friend mixed with water.

wet sand, wet aluminum foil balls, nev-r-dull if its not to bad, oxcilic acid, ive heard of citrus acid but never tried it, mud, post more when i think about it,

wd-40 and a brass brush or scotch brite pad with wd-40 for light surface rust. then polish with blue magic, then a coat of wax works for me

I use brass wire brushes (the VERY soft and cheap ones :lol: takes like 15 per bike :shock: ) as well as Rhodes American steel wool grade 0000. It might as well be wool it's so fine. Once I have all the peppering up with the aid of the previously mentioned materials, I use Nev-R-Dull with a clean, soft rag. Always works good for me.

Latest posts

Back