Sturmey 3 speed disassembly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Has anyone figured out or know what tool it takes to remove the freewheeling assembly from the hub shell ? need to swap some guts out, used to just grease the bearings and wash out the internals, Ive tried taking the "guts" out before but I usually end up scaring the hub up from clamping it.

thanks for the links, guess im just troubleshooting on some old-junk can't-be-helped hubs, must be that good old neglect paired with some illinois corrosion thing happening cuz i cant get them to budge. i know theres at least two different freewheel bodies, one that looks like it takes some sort of rounded spanner pin tool and the they style with two squared off notches. i'll just keep beating it with a hammer until it breaks :mrgreen:

CCR said:
must be that good old neglect paired with some illinois corrosion thing happening cuz i cant get them to budge.

my (limited) experience leads me to believe that 1 in 3 won't open.
they're most likely the ones not oilded for decades and probably not worth opening anyhow 8)

thats pretty much how i feel about except its more like 3 outta 4 around here :mrgreen: , guess im just working on a lost cause, my bicentennial hub is toast and i was trying to save the dated hub.

Latest posts

Back