Sturmey Archer 5 speed parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a quick search and didn't find anything here and have searched a bit on the interwebs but can't seem to find anything. Anyone know of a good place to get cables and clamps for a Sturmey Archer S5 (1966) hub?

Yes. The left side is a bell crank correct?

These can be ordered from any LBS. They should work for you.

http://www.jbimporters.com/web/checking ... umber=1408

pic-104-s.jpg

If you do buy those cables, you are going to want to modify the small, bent pin that holds the barrel adjuster to the cable clamp. The pins are know to bend on the replacement cables. I usually find a small nail and bend it to make a work.

Beau said:
Yes. The left side is a bell crank correct?

These can be ordered from any LBS. They should work for you.

http://www.jbimporters.com/web/checking ... umber=1408

pic-104-s.jpg

If you do buy those cables, you are going to want to modify the small, bent pin that holds the barrel adjuster to the cable clamp. The pins are know to bend on the replacement cables. I usually find a small nail and bend it to make a work.

Good to know. Any pics you know of re: installation?

For the cables- You basically just cut the housing to length, and run the cable like normal.

I forgot to mention, the housing that comes with those kits is unlined. It will work, but it won;t be real smooth without pouring a lot of lube into them. I would also buy some lined housing to replace the unlined housing. I think the kits are about $8-10 retail.

All you are really paying for that's worth while its the tiny little cable clamp on the barrel adjuster.

If you're clever, you could totally use regular shift cables (depending on your shifter) and make some sort of cable clamp to mount to the barrel adjuster.

Beau said:
For the cables- You basically just cut the housing to length, and run the cable like normal.

I forgot to mention, the housing that comes with those kits is unlined. It will work, but it won;t be real smooth without pouring a lot of lube into them. I would also buy some lined housing to replace the unlined housing. I think the kits are about $8-10 retail.

All you are really paying for that's worth while its the tiny little cable clamp on the barrel adjuster.

If you're clever, you could totally use regular shift cables (depending on your shifter) and make some sort of cable clamp to mount to the barrel adjuster.

Found a set on amazon for $3. Will get some lined housing. I'm clever but for $3 I'll save what few brain cells I have left. :mrgreen:

Back