Sturmy archer hub help needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an SR3C (Sturmy Archer) hub on my Felt Torch. I have had this bike for a while now and plan to have it for many years to come. My question is this, what is the periodic maintenance procedure on this particular hub? It is a 3 speed w/coaster brake it is not equipped w/oil port for lube.Maybe I should have just gone to the SA web site, I'm pretty sure though that more than a few of you guys here are in the know.So if you could help me out or point me in the proper direction it would be most appreciated! :wink: Later & PEACE!!!!!

really the only way to get any lube into the hub would be to lay the bike down remove the indicator chain and run some motor oil down into the hub.

Sounds much easier than what I was thinking.I plan on dis-assembling the entire bike soon anyway as its due for a good detail and I will clean and re-pack all else w/poly lube.So w/wheel off will be easier yet! Thanks Adam, BTW happy belated B-day! Later & PEACE!!!!! 8)

thanks and hubs like the nexus 7 really dont need anything ever. mine has well over 3000 miles and has never been opened.

Latest posts

Back