Suicide Shifters......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I've searched the site looking for pictures of a Suicide Shifters so it can help on the Mixte bike I'm going to be building soon. This is going to be my first jump into something different than coaster brakes and single speeds so I need some help! I have no idea how to build one, I am not even sure if I'd be able to hook it up correctly so pics would be AWESOME!

I'm going to be using a 3 speed internal hub that previously had a click shifter at least that's the plan as of now. I want to have it mounted on the seat tube (seems logical because it's a girls bike).

Lastly, does anyone have one they'd be interested in selling?!?!?

Thanks guys.

what i would do(ive never done it before either but i want to try it too.) is i would find a nice Schwinn Stik Shift or something similar, and put it on the downtube, and maybe, if i really feel like it, i would extend the arm so i wouldnt have to bend over while riding to shift. :D

Just make sure that you get the right shifter for your hub. Depends on if you have a Sturmey or a Shimano or? Something else. There are a lot of good old shifters out there for the old Strumey Archer hubs, Ebay

The Chopperdome just came out with a 3 speed shifter for Shimano's that looks neat. I was checking out their website the other day.

http://www.thechopperdome.com/index.php ... cleID=2608

Dorian

Latest posts

Back