Summary of all mass market chopper bikes made in last decade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, the title is a little grandiose, but here's what I'm tying to get at:

I want to have a brief reference guide so when I'm picking up recently made Taiwan made chopper bikes at yard sales, I know which ones are from the same families, should I want to mix and match parts, or hack/cut/snip for a custom. Also, where were they sold/distributed? From my limited observations on dismantling choppers so far, here's what I got:

These two seem related
1- Schwinn OCC chopper family (Walmart sold)
2- LA Cycle Big Mo (I have not had one in hand, but based on scanning pictures, thy look like a curvier version of the Schwinns)(sold via specialized recreational equipment retailers?)

These two seem related)
3- Huffy West Coast Chopper (I remember they being blown out at Big Lots)
4- Harley Davidson Chopper (I took one apart and the triple tree fork is the same stile as the WCC) (How were they distributed?)

If you have additional information, or additional choppers to add, I would appreciate it!

i can't tell you much about them, but here are two more

west coast limited

001-3.jpg

i got it used and had already started fooling with it when i took this pic, but it should have a chainguard (missing when i got it), 24x3 tire front and rear, hand brake (along with coaster brake), unsprung seat (that's the right seat. i just added the springs) straight handlebars and a regular nonsuspension front fork.

and one made sort of like the wcc bike, but not as chopperish, more like a bobber.

Picture039-1.jpg

again, i can't tell you much about, but this one i haven't messed with. on a guess i'd say it's about stock, but i can't guarantee it.

the side writing says "empire". the chainguard says "rage". there's a symbol on the head tube that looks like it could be a "r" or maybe "t2". i truthfully don't know what it is, but it has "made in china" written under it. the forks are just like wcc forks, only shorter. that's what made me think there might be some kind of connection bettween them.

and here is the big mo you mentioned

Picture061.jpg

compleatly stock

Thanks for the pics. For posterity, here are two more:

The Harley Davidson one:
Harley_chopper_bicycle_box.jpg

The West Coast Choppers WCC Jesse James Huffy built one:

WCCchopperbike.jpg

The Schwinn Orange county choppers OCC chopper should be easy to find a picture of, plus there are different sizes of it.

What about the electra rat fink, theres also the schwinn stingray and the Chrysler Prowler

flash22 said:
What about the electra rat fink, theres also the schwinn stingray and the Chrysler Prowler

The Electra rat fink isn't a mass market chopper bike, and is too nice to chop up for parts! :mrgreen: (IMHO)

My understanding is that the Schwinn Stingray is the OCC choppers bike.. ?

The Chrysler Prowler I didn't know of until I Googled it.. it looks like a rebadged Big Mo bike, but how was it distributed?

the electra is mass market imo seen them all over the world but its not run of the mill chinese/far east tat

The west coast limited originally came with a dual crown fork and drag bars...
pbr0.jpg

and don't forget the Diamondback Drifter. It was only made for 1 year...
drifter.jpg

How about the Phat Chopper? Maybe not enough were produced to call it mass produced. But here it is. It is a really nice riding bike.
I don't think this bike was made in tiawain, and I wouldn't chop it up. so it may not qualify for this thread.
bikes017.jpg

I have a totally stock original red big mo, for sale in Stuart Florida, $125. Send e-mail please for pics. Also listed on Treasure Coast classified, Bikes, around 10/18/2011. Thanks for looking

frankyboy said:
DSCF2003.jpg

Here's my Huffy 'empire'
I've been looking for parts, but haven't had any luck.

Huffy used that frame for lots of promotional stuff, I have one that originally was a "Shamu" bike with sea world logos and all. Black, BEEFY tripple trees, and white stickers on it to make it look like a killer whale :shock: Also had Kenda flame 20X3's front and rear.

Back