Sunday,1-23-11. 11 AM. Cape Cod..........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.........wind driven snow, do you know where your Huffy is?

Sure, on a road trip to The next town over. I got the 62 Huffy down off the rack and aired up. By the time I got to Orleans my front tire went flat, so I hoofed it the last mile to my LBS. The wind was light but still into the freezing zone. The sun was trying to make its feeble presence be known. I'm not sure what the cause for the flat but I aired up again and kept checking it while I hung out at the bike shop. So......just chatting away with my friend without the bother of any business to bother us, I was suddenly hit with snow squall. Not a bad thing when your inside but a problem for the 5 mile trip back home. This included a small crossing at the edge of the salt marsh where the snow would be the most wind driven. I bid farewell to the bike shop.

Just before I got to the salt marsh at Namskaket Creek the visibility was reduced to about a few hundred feet. I got to the creek at the bike stop and it cleared a little for some pictures.

My treads.
ChainTreadBeachTires.jpg

This salt marsh later on today will flood higher at high tide with the storm surge. There will be white caps on the water just above the marsh grass.
1-23-11NameskaketCreek-01.jpg

1-23-11NameskaketCreek-02.jpg

I ran into this elderly lady a few minutes later.
1-23-11NameskaketCreek-03.jpg

As it turned out as I was about to pass, this lady drops her bike right in front of me on a snow covered patch of ice.
I layed mine down and slid into her trying to hold my bike back from hitting her. No one was hurt. She had another 4 miles to go and I was half way home. I don't know if she made it home she seemed pretty tough for an old coot :shock:

Best ride I've had this new year 8) I made it home with air to spare.

Graylock

YOU CAUSED AN ELDER TO CRASH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: Looked like quite the ride :mrgreen:

SUNDAY 1-23-11....-4 DEGREES
Just 120 miles west of you..........Don't you guys have snow over there?

I tried to go for a ride.......HONEST!

002-40.jpg

KOTA said:
SUNDAY 1-23-11....-4 DEGREES
Just 120 miles west of you..........Don't you guys have snow over there?

I tried to go for a ride.......HONEST!

It turned out to be a heavy dusting that a good broom couldn't handle. There's a pond in Harwich where they are Ice boating because there isn't much for snow. It doesn't snow on Cape Cod, we're to far out in the Atlantic near the Gulf Stream to boot. It can be a whole 'nother thing if a hurricane get's aimed right and we are well overdue for one of those.

TommyTwoTime said:
Your lucky she didnt beat you with her frozen water bottle after you ran her off the road. :D What do you think the odds are that you just happen to run into another cyclist on a day like that. Id be buying a lottery ticket.

I just noticed the water bottle. When I picked her bike off the ground I put her water bottle back on her bike in different bottle holder, and it was a good thing too because it was a little frozen and I put it back in the hard to reach spot.
Now that I think about it now I think I picked her bike up before she got off the ground. :shock: Huh.........I didn't know this about myself. :roll:

Graylock

its actually kinda refreshing to read this, today was the hottest day of the year, so far.

X-RAY said:
its actually kinda refreshing to read this, today was the hottest day of the year, so far.

As I was checking for new post, eating oatmeal, I see someone added to my thread. What nut would post on a winter thread this time of year.....kinda sorta makes sense now. It is hot here and will be hotter today and I feel a little chill with that picture of snow.
Merry Christmas all !!

GL

Back