Super clean Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on a lucky streak lately finding really clean bikes. :D :D :D I picked this one up from the original owners daughter, he bought it brand new and never rode the thing it sat in the house for years. he did wax it at some point (i found wax residue here and there) which really saved the chrome the thing looks brand new!

It is missing the front lense cover and the rear fender reflector is broken and the tires are toast
from sitting other than that she's a gem! I looked in a few old Wards catalogs and I think its a 1967 .

Check err out!

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02873.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

cant wait to start cleaning this up! :D :D

I have a '63 Wards catalog, and almost the same "Jet-Age" bike is in there! Only diff is a two tone seat and fork detail. That tank was top O' the line, looks to be missing the wrap around tailight on the rack though. Awesome score! -Adam

Terry66 said:
Nice! That headlight/tank is so ugly that it is cool! :mrgreen: Congrats on a sweet bike.

Plus 1! Ugly is the new COOL! :lol: That thing is in amazing shape for it's age! 8)

62hotrod said:
found mine a few years back lucky enough to still have the lens working light & horn and original wards riverside tires
thorn002.jpg
can you post a close up pic of the front lense?
I know I'll prolly never find one but it would be nice to see what it looks like. :D

I make my own lenses, All you do is find like a hard plastic package like the plastic a hotwheels car comes from (but something big enough for the size lens you want). If I can find the same curvature that I want I'll make a template. Then I heat up the plastic and mold it around the template. Then cut to fit.

Super clean Hawthorne 8) ....a true time capsule, looks brand spanking new.

Between this one and your recent Sears Spyder, your garage probably looks like a new bike showroom! 8)

Back