super Krusty Schwinn Honet Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored this super rusty krusty all original 1951Hornet Deluxe yesterday. It was actually sitting in a barn for like 40 years. The paint literally turns to dust and falls off to the touch but at least its all there and not rotted.It even has the original Lawrence, Ma license plate on it! I am going to take the tank and delta light apart today to see how good/bad the battery trays are. Its probably gonna take too much time and money to restore it so I may just slap some new tires on it and ride for now. At the very least I can get my money back if I part it out. I would hate to tear it up though.

rusty1.jpg

rustyhornet4.jpg

rusty3.jpg

rusty2.jpg

I just pumped up the tires and believe it or not, she rides like dream. Hardly squeaks at all. I am amazed. Schwinn made great stuff back then. :lol:

Nice find. A $250 tank and a $100 light. The seat almost looks like a Phantom seat but not sure. Gary

Don't forget about the locking springer fork. $$$! Yea it's definitely a Phantom style seat. The customer probably bought an uprgraded seat from the store at purchase.

Back