Surgery in the morning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your doing good dude,you will heal up just fine and be as good as new.Did you say you would be 36 today Happy Birthday, I'm 50 now you being 36 reminds me off when I turned 36, Doc says the C word cancer that was 14 years ago that was scary dude. All is well all but the foot took the cast of a week ago still not fixed,surgery next Thursday cast for another 6 weeks, get better soon man,Pedalslow.

Update and recap:

Surgery went textbook though the extent of the injury was worse than anticipated. He described a normal shoulder injury that needs surgery as an "X" that being the benchmark, mine was a "4X".

Feeling pretty cruddy right now. haven't worn a shirt or had a shower in over 48 hours. I'm wearing a fanny pack with a pump in it going to a nerve block in my neck. wearing a sling holding my numb arm. Pillow case over shoulder with ice pack over it. The ice pack has a hose that attaches to a 6 pack cooler with ice bottles in it constantly pumping ice cold water through the pack. The cooler is plugged into the wall. The pillow case keeps the pack directly off mt skin so I won't get frostbite, and I wouldn't know since my arm feels dead.

I'm trying to ease up on the pain meds, and have actually only taken about 3 doses, though I'm prescribed ever 4-6 hours.

It's just depressing. Tomorrow I can shower and un-tether myself from the cooler, that will be nice.

sling.jpg

When you are done with it, can I have your sling cooler pump to convert in to a "water" bottle cooler for my beer (I mean bike) rides? :p :mrgreen:

Get better buddy!

Today is exactly 3 weeks after surgery, still in a sling today, but physical therapy starts tomorrow, still won't be able to use my arm on my own though, only assisted moving. Either therapist moves it or I move it with my right. Ugh.

In other news I took my kids bike riding Friday last week and almost crashed my reverse trike with my 3 year old riding along... it was her fault... and this stupid sling... and the fact that the rear brake lever is on the left side, what's up with that?

That would work (and I've got one somewhere off of a BMX) but this "trike" only has a rear brake, I just need to put a RH brake lever on it.

Latest posts

Back