Surviving in stormy Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I have been a member since June, but am finally getting around to posting. I am a retired auto mechanic and Army vet, living in Southwest Florida. Fay has come and gone(maybe), so thought I would show you some pics of my first ratrod build. Been doing bikes for about 5 yrs, restoring. Did my first ratrod this year. When I started this bike, I could find no stickers, emblems, etc. to id it, but by looking around this site I think it may be a Huffy Eldorado. I stripped the frame to bare metal and base coated black with clear overcoat. Red enamel industrial paint with clear. Bearings cleaned and repacked. Added a Schwinn rear carrier. Rear fender cleaned and polished but does have patina in areas for that ratty look. Replaced the handle bars with old chrome bull-horn style. Put iron cross decal on the front fork support area. Original Cat reflector under the top bar. Hand painted the sprocket and chain guard then added ratrod decal. It has been a great conversation piece in the neighborhood and alot of fun. I have a fleet of old bikes that I have fixed up and will post more picks in the near future. Good to be aboard!
rat1.jpg
rat1-1.jpg
ratdecal.jpg
blackredbike2.jpg
blackredbike4.jpg

WELCOME!...Classic looking RAT.

Back