SURVIVOR DIAMOND BACK II SILVER STREAK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This one popped up yesterday afternoon at an antique mall near downtown Dallas. I gave them a call to see what the price was and I offered to pay over the phone. They said they couldn't take payment over the phone, but they could hold it for me for 24 hours.

Shot down early this morning and picked it up and was amazed at how good of shape it was in. All of the original decals are in tact and the Skyways are mint. Glad the guy who found it didn't do anything to it before he hung it in his booth at the antique mall.

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0908.JPG

DSC_0910.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

DSC_0912.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0915.JPG

DSC_0917.JPG

DSC_0919.JPG

DSC_0920.JPG

DSC_0921.JPG

DSC_0922.JPG

DSC_0923.JPG

DSC_0925.JPG

DSC_0927.JPG

DSC_0930.JPG

DSC_0931.JPG

DSC_0934.JPG

DSC_0935.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

The fork and maybe the grips are probably the only items not original on the bike, but they appear to be era correct so I have a feeling either the bike shop built it up this way or maybe a kid bent the Diamond Back fork and they replaced it. A kid back then could have easily requested different grips when buying the bike. The fork is a bit of a mystery though.

Normally 20" BMX bike don't interest me but I like this one. Was if made by Giant? I'm not BMX knowledgeable at all and therefore the reason I ask is because of the made in Taiwan sticker on the frame.

nice looking survivor. nice find.

I like it! I've been wanting an old BMX bike myself. Seems like you have to have at least one in the collection! :dance2:

Back