SWAMP RAT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another new build coming soon for your enjoyment. any guesses where I am going with this one?

It's a 80 something sears that my mother in law had and I picked it up sometime ago. this one will go up for sell after it's done.

so here it is and we call her:

SWAMP RAT

JWSMOCKUPBIKES143.jpg

stay tuned.

Outlaw 8)

RE: SWAMP RAT COMIN SOON

got to do some work on this. got a jig built and started to set the bike up to see what is going to work on it. I see alot of people are lookin but no guesses on what I will do to this one. so any takers, make a guess lets see if your right. nope, no prizes.lol. the shop works good. lights, heat and rock an roll. now I am on a roll.lol. well lets hear from ya all. take a guess,it's fun. come on ya haven't anything to lose. :idea: :idea:

soon pic's of :

SWAMP RAT

comin at ya.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT COMIN SOON

that would be kool but no, that's not it. thanks. :wink:

Outlaw 8)

ok, you all are not fun. soo I take it no one can guess except the one above. gonna make me give ya a clue, ok, here is the clue. just think swamp bike. what woulld come out of the swamp that is a bike? I'll let ya all think on that one for awhile.

ok, cut up the bike. can't use the fork as the threads were really bad and stearer was really stuck. so will use it somewhere else on the bike. also can't use the rear end as when I went to bend it to make it lower I was really off so one side was lower then the other and I didn't get my bender right on as the other side. oh well , remember I got the front fork to use. hint. be using my other sears fork head for it now.got some old rusty rims and MB knobies to put on it. hint. will use the BB an the 3 pc crank on it flipped to the other side. hint. hope to start to weld tommorow and maybe I'll post some pic's for ya all. lol.

Outlaw 8)

now that is kool. maybe kind of but not quite. ya got close. thanks.

Outlaw 8)

Whatever it is, you are gonna need an aligator seat on it! :D

hmmm,that might be interesting. will think about that. thanks.

Outlaw 8)

I wish but nope.

ok, think swamp buggy, kinda.

Outlaw 8)

A tall bike for swamp clearance?

Looks a lot better than the one I have! :lol:
CRIM0012-1.jpg

My mom used to have this exact bike, and around 1997 she was lamenting that they generally don't make these anymore. Shortly after, I got a load of bikes for free, and in that was a near minty version! She enjoyed it, but after it sat in a shed for the winter, she said it rusted up pretty bad, and had to get something else. (she's almost 400 miles away, so i couldn't just pop in and tune it up). Anyway, I have no idea where you're going with this, besides being kick-butt! -Adam

it will have some clearance but not enough to run in deep swamps, only shallow stuff. lol. well hopefully I can do some welding today and get some pic's out for ya all. this will be a fun ride. be better if I could find some paddle wheels for it that would fit. but it will do fine in mud, water, and dirt. maybe in sand too. will see. thanks for your guesses or no guesses.

SWAMP RAT comin soon.

Outlaw :roll:

ok, this is what ya all been lookin for. PICTURES. so here they are. SWAMP RAT:

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

I had to break the bike apart as when I put on a seat it was into the tires so had to move the bottom frame back a few inches. there is more to come. I may not use those rims as they are really out of wack and I can't true em up so will see. hope ya all like it. :)

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT ( PIC'S)

thanks guys. this ones got some more stuff comin for it. going to see if I can hook up a 3 sp on a jack shaft for it. also maybe a roll bar with lights on it. ya know so I can see in the dark when I am in the swamps chasin croc's.lol. it has about 11" of ground clearence under it. got to reweld the frame back today and put some more stifferbars in the rear end. will get ya all some pic's again soon. thanks for lookin.

stay tuned for more on: SWAMP RAT

she be comin at ya soon, ready to roll. lol.

Outlaw 8)

Re: SWAMP RAT ( PIC'S)

You might have problems turning right when the left wheel lifts off the ground. Just remember to lay off the pedals :lol:

Back