Swap Meet Finds- Playbike and Elgin Twin Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I had a great swap day yesterday; got to talk bikes with some fellow RRB members, sold a few things, bought a few things and even came home on the plus side with money in my pocket 8)

Some Wald bars, drop center hoops and Columbia repop tires for a future build.
012.jpg

This was a last minute impulse buy- '67 Playbike "88" in the less often seen blue.
013-1.jpg

This is the one that kept me up most of the night before the swap. This is the first bike that I saw when I entered the building to load in Saturday night and I couldnt get it out of my head. I sold a couple of bikes very quickly so I decided to pull the trigger. This is more or a resto project than I usually take on but it was just too cool to pass on. Lots of wrong parts but the important ones are there and I already have the correct fenders and forks. Anyone that has any input on what the rack, sprocket and bars(whizzer?) are would be greatly appreciated.

As found-
002.jpg

Washed and some junk removed. I aired up the tires and got to go for a quick spin before it gets torn down :D
011.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Re: Swap Meet Finds- Playbike and Twin Bar

That's quite the haul, Brian! :D The Playbike looks clean :wink: Nice Twin Bar too! 8) Does the siren work? :mrgreen:

Yup thats what that lever is for .. Ive only seen the lever a few times on boxed seriens ...I dont even think all of the seriens came with the lever when new ?? I need the Columbia for my paper route .. :mrgreen:
CeeBee said:
Wow! That Twin Bar is amazing. I think the lever on the bars should've had a chain that engaged the siren. I had a Playbike like that one, but never could get used to the non-adjustable bars and ended up letting it go. They are cool looking, though. Good stuff! :D

WOW! Love that twin bar!!!!
Nice score!!!

tanksalot said:
Noooooooo Wrrrooonnnggg biiiikkkkeeee.I want the nice crusty old bike ...That is funny though.. :D
I have almost every part to finish that bike & my trade bike is ready to ride ... :D

I picked up the correct fenders, fork, wheels and a correct-ish rack today and have the bike all torn down and ready to have the frame blasted. When its all back together feel free to up your offer. :lol: :mrgreen:

Just like everyone else, I love the Twin Bar! Hope I get lucky enough to find an affordable one someday! 8)

That was a fast parts gattering ... :D
Bri-in-RI said:
tanksalot said:
Noooooooo Wrrrooonnnggg biiiikkkkeeee.I want the nice crusty old bike ...That is funny though.. :D
I have almost every part to finish that bike & my trade bike is ready to ride ... :D

I picked up the correct fenders, fork, wheels and a correct-ish rack today and have the bike all torn down and ready to have the frame blasted. When its all back together feel free to up your offer. :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back