Swap Meet Louie...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Braved the excessive heat and humidity at the Springfield Swap Meet today, but I think it was worth it. Brought 3 bikes home, and saw a lot more.

sml1.jpg

Took a chance on this one at $10. I figure it's either a $100 bike or...a $10 bike. Was hard to find info in the field, but I thought I found somewhere that Huffy "Pro Thunder BMX" bikes were nothing special, but Huffy "Thunder BMX" bikes might be more desireable because they were some of the earlier BMX bikes? At any rate, it's got a good seat and handlebars, among other things, and I'd usually give $5 each for those so it made sense to pick it up.

sml2.jpg

Montgomery Wards/Hawthorne 24" Skiptooth Ladies, with a decent Mesinger seat with crash bar and, of course, skip tooth sprockets and chain, for $20. Again, couldn't really go wrong at that price. My mom has expressed an interest in a 24" single speed after riding one around in Hilton Head, so I may build this for her.

sml3.jpg

24" Boys Foremost, again for $20. Don't see how I could go wrong with that.

sml4.jpg

Picked this up the other day from Memory Lane Classics, for $30. I'm told it's an Evans-Colson of unknown vintage. I love the rack and guard on it, and am thinking of combining it with the 34 Colson I got a while back to make a cool custom bike.

sml5.jpg

Guy wanted $300 for this Columbia 20", said it was a rare model that came out before the Stingray? Anybody know anything about this bike? I think it's ugly, but definitely unique.

sml6.jpg

sml7.jpg

sml8.jpg

Spied this Schwinn in an antique mall for $250-ish. Not sure exactly what it is, but it had a crazy seat, and evan crazier handlebars on it. Anyone know anything about it?

I believe those handlebars are actually by MURRAY that came out on a mid-weight cruiser in the 1970's...P 8)

I remember seeing some of those handlebars on ebay a while back. He had them listed as being shelby I think. But his were NOS and always on there, instead of just being one pair. So who knows. I like them though. The black bars on that columbia are the same as a chrome set that I have and have been trying to identify. But that bike looks pieced together. It looks like a 24" frameset with 20" wheels and tons of oddball parts, so I doubt that the bars are original.

Latest posts

Back