Swap Meet Special

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the 1" threadless forks. My buddy Mike at Vintage Bicycle Supply in Sacramento,Ca. has them. The bike is nearing completion. I turned it into a rider first to make sure I had no rubbing problems. Which there were MANY!!! I switched the tires to thick bricks and this solved most of it. The other tires wobbled to much since the rubber was a thinner grade. I found a french taillight to mount on top of the rear fender i added but not yet bolted on it. The rear 4" wide rear fender will be welded on shortly and fuly molded into the frame like the tank. I was trying to go for a Cole Foster motorcycle look with this since I dig his style so much. I think i sorta pulled it off? The bike was supposed to be painted over 5 months ago but.....other projects got in the way. It's still a rider but you guys got me sparked up to finish it now so more up to date pictures to come!! This is the most recent picture taken at Cyclefest a couple months ago. It was suppposed to debut there finished but o well....... So here's Coles bike and mine. Whatcha guys think? I'm close but no cigar yet.
xtras22b.jpg
web1.jpg

looks great love those forks. the bars r awsum did u make the bars? i think fake oil tak filler panl under the seat in front of rear tire area b cool also

The bars I bought from a good friend of mine in Southern California. They are custom made one off stainless steel bars hand bent out of a piece of pipe. I just had to have them. I had no idea what they would be used on but I couldn't go home without them. And then I built this and set them there and it just flowed perfect!!

I would love to find an old car coil out of an 80's car. Some of them were finned aluminum that would work just perfect for that idea. I just havn't found one yet. But yes the idea is there! I was even thinking gutting the coil part out and using the casing for a beer holder! How kool would a Kustom finned aluminum beer holder be? AWESOME!!

Thaks for the great compliments guys. You are all getting me sparked up to finish this thing finally!! I'll take some better pictures in the next day or two of the latest progress.

I like it! :D
Would love to see the top part of the fork wrapped in some sheet metal similar to the sample motorcycles.

If I was as as half as good as Mr. Cole Foster I wouldn't be building bicycles. LOL!!! Thanks for the comments guys. It's almost ready for paint. ALMOST!!!!! I'm too darn picky to spray it yet. Minute details need attention before it sees color. Especially since my name is on it and i'm riding it. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Back