Swapping sprockets from side to side?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any one point me in the right direction of swapping sides on wheel sprockets? I'm in the process of building a minibike with 20" rims and I need to swap the wheel sprocket to the left side cause the engine I have has the clutch on the left side.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Fellas!

There's a lot of BMX companies that make left side drive hubs, not cheap, and most run 9-13 teeth cogs so your gear ratio will change. Check out Danscomp.com. Just remember your crank is going to be backwards so you might have issues with pedals coming loose.

Thanks for the info, I'm building a Minibike with a 2hp BS motor so I don't think I'll have the pedal issue. Loctite should work though.

isnt one of those flip flop fixed gear hubs fixed on one side and freewheel on the other?
use it with the fixed on the left side connected to the engine and the pedals on the right side

I think I'm going to run a small axle in front of the rear wheel with a small sprocket on the right sight turning the wheel. should work fine. thanks for the help boyz!

Back