Swing Bike Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to build a Swing bike this spring. I have looked around on line and see many different ways to build them. First rear wheel 20 or 24 inch?? The biggest difference I see is how to mount the rear fork pivot. Some have a pivot in front of the seat tube. or take off the top rear wheel stay and mount, weld a fork as the stay and use that as the pivot. Then a seat above that. I notice that the easiest way to build the front frame is using 2 girls bikes with the dual down tubes. I have also see custom built front frames.. One other question the dual pivot areas should they be on the same angle (rake). I have seen the real factory one of the 70's they look to be at the same angle. I also notice the factory ones had a large spring on the swing to help center it. Is the spring help much?. Most home built does not have a spring. Any body built one??. Maybe there is thread on here that I did not see. Brian in cold MI..

Latest posts

Back