Swingbike overhaul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've finally got around to cleaning up the swingbike I bought a few mounths ago. Here's a few before pics:
IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

After: I should have took more before pics, the chrome is coming out much better than I anticipated:
IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

I should have everything else done by Friday

No love for the swingbike I guess, oh well. I'll keep this thread going for my own amusement. Just about everything is done, tomorrow is assembly day. The paint is coming back to life nicely, this bike should look pretty good when it's all done.
IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

Yeah, I guess it's kinda like owning a jeep. "It's a swingbike thing, you wouldn't understand" :lol:

necessaryevil said:
Yeah, I guess it's kinda like owning a jeep. "It's a swingbike thing, you wouldn't understand" :lol:

That is funny. I wouldn't mind have a swingbike if I could find one locally and cheap :mrgreen: If that is original paint, it was good as what Schwinn used to paint.

It's all original: paint, seat, grips, even tires. If only the chrome plating was as nice as Schwinn, my fenders are peppered beyond all hope.

First one I have really ever seen. Looks like fun, I wanna try it. Must be a kick to ride................

did all swingbike models come with the spring, or could you get one with out it? (oh and by the way, the headbadge has my initials on it :mrgreen: )

I'm pretty sure that the springs were a mandatory part on every factory swingbike. A lot of guys build frames without them, so they can swing the frame wayyy out.

What brand is the coaster brake hub? Is it a Histop? That seems odd if so...

That is an awsome original swing bike, was it exspencive? can you use nos. krate fenders to replace the pitted ones? nice bike my friend!!!

The rear hub is a Shimano coaster brake. The fenders are probably swingbike specific, they have odd mounting tabs. If you ever get the chance to ride one of these bikes, do it, they're a blast. :D

You have a nice orange SwingBike.

I have a few extra swingbike rear triangles. They are all dark metalic blue. If anyone out there wants to build a bike I would sell them one of these (it is the hardest part to make.) I will also be building some frames.
I would trade a rear triangle for an original swingbike seat in nice condition.
kelley
[email protected]

Back