Taco Express 30 minutes or less!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Single drive, trike front similar to the old ice cream delivery bicycles. I'm still sourcing the cooler for the front. I'm thinking something like a picnic cooks station, so a grill also. I'm starting with this frame which has been modified but will need much more.

IMG_20230414_161206460~2.jpg

Well I've yet to source a nice vintage steel cooler. My idea is to build a framework for the front that would house a top loading cooler at counter height, with storage underneath for a portable grill and a possible front placard that would flip up to be a table top. So a bit more portable picnic cruiser that actual ice cream delivery bike or full blown taco truck like the one above. The size of the cooler (like a nice vintage galvanized Coca-Cola box or similar) will dictate the size of the framework. So no box yet, no framework. Soon I'll likely cut the headtube out and replace it with a modern one angled 0 degrees vertically to facilitate turning with no front wheel lift. I'm still wondering if I should angle the front wheels in a bit at the top to help with turning, or if a wide stance will counter any tipping.

This should be cool. My taco tastes tend to border on the unusual (cachete, lengua, chcharron, tripa, etc…). I would absolutely support this if I saw it rolling in the ‘ham. Can’t wait to see the finished results. Cheers!

This should be cool. My taco tastes tend to border on the unusual (cachete, lengua, chcharron, tripa, etc…). I would absolutely support this if I saw it rolling in the ‘ham. Can’t wait to see the finished results. Cheers!

Screenshot_20230507-145204_Chrome.jpg

Well I've yet to source a nice vintage steel cooler.
Dug this out of my stash this morning, the wheels are turning, you may not be the only one with a cooler on board!

IMG_20230508_141817377_HDR.jpg

Now to find a grill made by Schwinn, Elgin, Columbia or any of the zillion bicycle builders from the past...
and
The original sidecar style bike I was contemplating back on an earlier thread isn't being ruled out just yet.
There's more merit to a sidecar build if I want to really go on a cruise with it as far as speed and stability.
But can I still incorporate a grill and a countertop to work at on my picnic cruiser with a sidecar?

Last edited:
Mike Brittan built a fun front trike using one of those metal cage plastic totes for the front box a few years back.

1684291780632.png

Latest posts

Back