Tall Guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I got a piece of 1/2 inch pipe and a threaded 45 degree elbow, from the hardware store. I cut the pipe in two, one piece for the seat and one for the seat tube. I tightened the pipe all together with some JB Weld. The hole in the seat tube was already there so I put the pipe in the seat tube, lined it up so the seat would be straight and marked where to drill the hole in the pipe. I drilled the hole in the pipe and bolted it in.

I'm 6'2", and for my everyday ride I have the seat post set at the proper height. For my cruiser that I don't ride as much, I keep the seat low and use the "stand-n-pedal, then sit-n-coast" technique.

Mad Scientist said:
I'm 6'2", and for my everyday ride I have the seat post set at the proper height. For my cruiser that I don't ride as much, I keep the seat low and use the "stand-n-pedal, then sit-n-coast" technique.

+1, if I'm going to ride more than a couple miles I take a bike that gives me full leg extension. That being said some folks can ride anything forever so... :lol:

I'm 6'5" and just got this bike. The seat is lower than it should be because it just looked too goofy. With the forward pedal mount it helps a bit and I'd probably do better with a more stretched out frame but this is what I'm working with for now. I'll probably put a quick release clamp on it so I can lower it down when parked. I'm also thinking of changing to a banana seat like on the second picture.

630_01.jpg

banana_01.jpg

If staying with the standard frame, go the banana seat and mini apes, laidback post is good too...

Ultimate solution, build your own frame and post it up on here for us to enjoy!

I am 6foot 5inch's tall by the way...

Luke.

NicksGarage said:
I'm 6'5" and just got this bike. The seat is lower than it should be because it just looked too goofy. With the forward pedal mount it helps a bit and I'd probably do better with a more stretched out frame but this is what I'm working with for now. I'll probably put a quick release clamp on it so I can lower it down when parked. I'm also thinking of changing to a banana seat like on the second picture.

banana_01.jpg

Where did you get those banana seat mounts/springs?

stoked said:
NicksGarage said:

banana_01.jpg

Where did you get those banana seat mounts/springs?

Not my bike, don't remember who it belongs to or the thread where I saw it. I don't think the springs do anything, just there for looks.

My bike now looks like this and it's a comfortable ride now. I tried the laid back seat post from my stretch cruiser and it didn't help that much so I went back to stock but changed the seat. I may try a banana seat on my stretch cruiser though so I can keep the seat low and sit further back. Saw one on a web site and it looked interesting that way.

630_44.jpg

af_14.jpg

big_bicycle1.jpg

Well I never knew what I looked like riding my bikes but a friend snapped a picture while we were on a ride at the beach over the weekend. Makes my bike look like a kid's toy. Now I'm thinking I need to buy one of those 36" Monster Cruiser and use the parts to make an upsized version of the stretch.

af_030.jpg

This is the beauty of the Project 346 bikes, The seat stays at the same height it just moves forward or rear to adjust the distance from the pedals.

In the picture below the seat is almost all the way back, shorter people would have to move it forward but it would always be at the same height.

Rob_Nieuwenhuijzen___07_klein.JPG

Cool bike!

Been thinking about the same idea, been designing a bike for my niece, that I want to be able to grow with her (she is 7 at the moment) and I was thinking about making a seat post top like this, but still have it go up and down as well. Thinking I might need two seat posts with a bar in between that the seat can slide back and forth on...

Anyway, cool bike, thanks for sharing!

Luke.

MIGZ said:
This is the beauty of the Project 346 bikes, The seat stays at the same height it just moves forward or rear to adjust the distance from the pedals.

In the picture below the seat is almost all the way back, shorter people would have to move it forward but it would always be at the same height.

Rob_Nieuwenhuijzen___07_klein.JPG

I'd love to have a Basman. My plan was to get a cheap bike to start with and save up for the Basman but then I ended up with two bikes and have spent way too much on them anyway. I need to try out a Basman for fit sometime.

Back