TALL MIJ Marukin M-410

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed this at Salvation Army the other day, and Hooch's tall Panasonic reminded me to post about it.

Not a lot of info on Marukin out there. Says it is hand made and is a lugged frame. No chromo sticker, so I am guessing all steel. I think it has pretty midrange Suntour gizmos. I could find like 4 or five google hits, so if anyone know more, please school me! I guess there were quite a few on the west coast, but not many made it out east.

Thing is this bike is TALL!! Stand over on the top tube is like 38". The steering tube is jut under 10 inches tall. I am 6-foot, and it is too big for me. The top tube would be in my pelvis if I flat footed it! The seat is as low as it can possibly get and my legs almost lock, but (thankfully) don't on full extension.

I think I might try to trade it at the LBS for something more my size.

QUESTION, Is a bike worth any more or less when it is this tall?

I'd like to trade it for an '85 japanese Peugeot 'City Express' they have on the floor, but am guessing that is a slightly better bike (Chromo for sure). I know the shop doesn't have one this tall. So when that 6 foot 7" dude needs a bike, he might dig this one!

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

It's my opinion, (manufacturer's too, apparently), that large frames are more valuable. It's more difficult to maintain rigidity and straightness, and they're getting harder to find all the time.

Latest posts

Back