Tandem, Anyone know what it is??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I won this on ebay saturday and picked it up on my way home from reserve duty on sunday. Its pretty beefy not sure what is original on it or for it but just thought it was cool and seemed like the price was right. If anyone knows anything about what it is or what should or shouldnt be on it I would appreciate the info. Rode it to work after lunch and back home, about a 4 mile round trip, it rides good the brakes could use work but I think Ill just keep riding it (from the back of course I dont want to ride a girls bike) until i can strip it and repaint it. (maybe build off 13????)
photo_zpsa5911793.jpg

tndcrankf_zps03c2c0bc.jpg

tndcrankr_zpsb07ad40f.jpg

tndbb_zps40034ce7.jpg

The reason I thought it wasnt Colson... I compared it to a known Colson and the frame just doesnt look the same, the curve on the step thru portion is a lot more rounded than the Colson. Plus the block chain just screams pre 1900.

I believe this is an early 30's Colson rear steer....
ixZIq2kegcUe9GG6ChCKOg+240x180.jpg

I would also consider asking the CABE for help on this matter. This definitly has some age and value to it.

Several companies made rear-steers and the Colson was the most popular, but am thinking it might be the Columbia version.

Cool Bike!

Back