Tandem find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
My boss found this for me for $65. Wife is a little interested in riding it, but if I had to guess, we'll probably ride it a few times and then sell it. I think my neighbor will buy it.

Vista tandem of unknown age:

7u4uzavy.jpg

Re: Tandem find

1970-1974 or so.

Looks very much like my last Columbia Twosome with different paint & decals.

The Columbia Twosome was sold for many years. It did change in design at times. I tracked mine down (date wise) one time based on the serial number to 1968.

Here is another that is pretty much all original. (seats, bars, etc). Non stock reflectors.
Note the similarities. Same white paint on the front fork, same basic frame design, same crease in the chain guard. Same rivets holding the sections of chain guard together, same curvature of the seat stay.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_I8sLtN2C0yw/R ... emBike.jpg

I repainted mine plus a couple drive line change outs. Mine was a 1968 model that looks to be the same exact bike as yours, just a different color and brand. Here is a thread on it.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70446

rick

Yes it will come in handy when we're drinking TAB (you) and Diet Caffiene Free Coke (me) whilst riding in Northampton.

I have a sweet yellow big chain guard like that one in great shape..the rest of the bike needs to be sandblasted....Sweet score on the bike..

Latest posts

Back