Tandems in North Pomona Ca

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I like looking at all the projects on this site & thought Id share mine to add to the small number of tandems represented on this site.

I bought this frame and then built the rest basically from the ground up using misc spare parts. Only the front handle bars, stem & front chain ring were bought new. The frame is actually 2 schwinn knockoffs welded together. Ive been warned that over time the welds may break, but they look solid...for now:
tandem_ape_hangers.jpg

This one was sold to me cheap after the old owner, a co-worker who goes by the name of "Burrito," saw I was building the other one. I really didnt want to own 2 tandems, but it was such a good deal I couldn't say no. I think its a Schwinn Twinn Tandem but really not sure:
tandem2.jpg

A full write up of what a pain it was for me to build a tandem at my personal site: http://nickdovey.com/Tandem_Bicycle_Build.html

Thanks for reading/commenting!!

Nick

Welcome!

Thanks Everyone!

And if anyone else has suggestions on identifying the second Tandem, I am all ears.

Hi all, I've decided to sell my orange low rider tandem - see pics above. If you want it, Im asking $200.
I love it, but just need the cash. Im willing to deliver anywhere from LA to San Diego to Santa Barbara to Palm Springs.
email me at [email protected]

Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie. Man, I LOVE that homebuilt tandem. Too kool!!

welcome. your exactly right, not enough tandem pictures around here and you got two very nice ones right here. wow. brings me back to thinking about getting a tandem for me and my wifes 2nd anniversary this march, but she don't like to ride :cry:

Latest posts

Back