Tank for an Electra Cruiser?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just bought myself a new Electra Cruiser 7D. I have mounted a banana seat w/standard sissy bar on it. I wanted to put on regular ape hangers but the **** salesman that sold me the part, who said they would fit, lied. But I'm really enjoying the look of the cruisers' original bars so I might just keep them or I might find the lying **** to give me my money back! But i've digressed...

My true quest is to put a tank on the electra. Problem electra doesn't sell them, so does anybody have any suggestions? I've tried to get it off my mind but I can't! And I've tried finding some online but Idk if it'll fit. Please Help!!!

Here you go. It's a work in progress...
DSC04508.jpg

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04513.jpg

DSC04511.jpg

Nice, still deciding weather to paint mine or leave it. Trying to determine if it is factory color or not.

First of all, sweet bike! Digging the modern 'Big boy Sting-Ray' vibe.

As far as a tank.....aside from making a tank 'plate from wood or metal....I dunno.

I am 'kinda' surprised that Electra missed the opportunity to create an actual 'horn tank' and install them on the Cruiser Deluxe, Super Deluxe and now defunct Deluxe Relic. That would have taken an already awesome ride (read "Dr. T has a Relic on his 'list'" :mrgreen: ) and put it at the 'collectable' level IMHO.

Now IF you do get a true tank formed from metal or fiberglass, you could make some decent $$$ selling them! :mrgreen:

Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back