"Tanks for the memories" Prewar Hawthorne BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok so this is my latest build. My good friend Tony donated ALL the parts for this build except the tank, crank, grips, and chain. It started life as a rough Hawthorne with a cracked frame with lots of dents. I massaged her back into this. My other good friend Jim sold me the tank for it which is believe it or not.......FIBERGLASS!!! He makes killer stuff man!!! Anyway, the purpose of this bike was to build a bike to compete in the Coaster Brake Challenge in Van Nuys, Ca. put on by Atomic Cycles. Look up Coaster Brake Challenge on youtube. AWESOME!!! It's a grueling race that has specific rules, coaster brake only and single speed only. So I thought i'd take it a few steps further and add the tank, and make it skiptooth with Elgin air cooled hubs front and rear mainly for the scratch your head factor and maybe just to rub a few guys the wrong way for using old rare parts. LOL!!! Anyway I can't thank Tony, Jim, and karfer67 for the pistriping on the tank enough for helping me remember my old BMX days and bringing this bike back from the dead! Or scrap pile??? So, "Tanks for the memories" guys!!!
Photo143Smaller.jpg
Photo145smaller.jpg
Photo144smaller.jpg

looks sweet!
i do hope thats a new chain though if youre gonna be racing( as in serious bmx race) :wink:
glad to hear karfers still alive and if you wouldnt mind tell him hello for me

Back