TBA...(Free Ride?)Now thinking:Got Lucky!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikeriderx said:
So I'm fairly confident that if I take my time, I'll get it. :mrgreen:

I am certain that you'll not only get it, but also do it well! Saving the wheel on that kid's bike made my jaw drop!
I just have to say also, that your signature has made me laugh so many times! Thanks! :D

looking good buddy! whats next?

Galtbacken said:
bikeriderx said:
So I'm fairly confident that if I take my time, I'll get it. :mrgreen:

I am certain that you'll not only get it, but also do it well! Saving the wheel on that kid's bike made my jaw drop!
I just have to say also, that your signature has made me laugh so many times! Thanks! :D

Thanks, Galt! Coming from you that is a real compliment!

icyuod2 said:
looking good buddy! whats next?
Oh, not much...Do some sanding on the wheels and prime for paint...Strip the frame for paint, polish the spokes and re-build the wheels... :wink: 'Ya know...Regualr Saturday night stuff! :lol:

Markm said:
Thanks, my friend!! :wink:

What I got done today:
WOW! :shock: What a nice day in southwest lower Michigan!! I was wastin' time outside and so I didn't get much done on the Build-Off Bike...

Got the wheels prepped for primer: I knocked the finish down after being sandblasted...

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

After that I wiped them with acetone to cut any oils from my handling them...Then out to paint:

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

One down...One to go...

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Here it is:

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

That's done...

IMG_1406.jpg

Since I'm painting them white, do you think I need to apply a white primer/basecoat over the red oxide primer?? :?

it would really be better to have at least a grey primer, but if you do a few top coats ull be fine i would think, just be consistant throughout with what you end up using so it will all look the same.

BillyOlds said:
it would really be better to have at least a grey primer, but if you do a few top coats ull be fine i would think, just be consistant throughout with what you end up using so it will all look the same.
deorman said:
I'd say the white or grey primer would definitely help the white cover with less paint.
TheFlyingDingo said:
Dad allways told me light colors need light primer

Thanks! That's what I was thinking...I'll stop by the paint shop this afternoon.

cman said:
Swing sets are the best paint stands.
I know!! :lol: My kid is just about too big for it, but it's just sooo handy! :mrgreen:

Thats looking good Randy. I have clear coated blasted parts and it kind of looks like silver metallic. Too late for that bit of trivia though.

XC204 said:
Thats looking good Randy. I have clear coated blasted parts and it kind of looks like silver metallic. Too late for that bit of trivia though.
Thanks Gary! I was already committed to white wheels. But I'm definitely gonna try that in the future. I picked up some gray primer yesterday afternoon, so I can re-do 'em this week(end?).

Nah, dude. I'm pretty much outta it... :( I've just had too much else going on...I'll finish the build, but not by the deadline...I'm going to try a Tour de Fat theme...

bikeriderx said:
Nah, dude. I'm pretty much outta it... :( I've just had too much else going on...I'll finish the build, but not by the deadline...I'm going to try a Tour de Fat theme...
Randy
There is no shame around here! :wink: I know what you mean :cry: ....
Tour de Far sounds cool.....Got beer tokens?

Latest posts

Back