Tech on Uhpolstery of a seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I thought some of you would like to see how I do a little trim work on a seat. My son is working on his next build which is a Rat Rod chopper! We are still lookin for parts but have come up with this cool seat

IMG_0406.jpg

first I use chalk to draw out my design....

IMG_0408.jpg

or

IMG_0407.jpg

We were thinking of saddle tan with a Tuck and Roll face and I would sew the Iron Cross into the face a larger one than the one seen here...maybe even sew in some carbon fiber material that will show from behind the cross??????

love to hear some of your ideas!

as the seat goes on I'll post more pics

Well I must say sorry guys!......the other night I just got wrapped up in things and before I could remember the camera the seat was done.

IMG_0473.jpg

I had some real nice tan, leather imitation vinyl kickin around so I did a Tuck and Roll insert with a top stiched surround.

IMG_0474.jpg

I even had to do the back plate

IMG_0476.jpg

I'm happy with it. I have found I'm out of practice with smaller items. lol

Kev is to bring some more seats for me to practice with!

here is the bike it is to go on

IMG_0472.jpg

we shall see how it goes so if you guys have any requests I'll be ready

Mur,

I removed 2 Chain ring / crank set up's tonight before the Game.
I'll drop them buy soon here.

Maybe a new seat for my RRBBO bike is in order.
save my butt a bit.

Maybe something in a Copper / Brass pattern to go with
The bullets and Brass Light.

I'll see yaa soon,
and once again,
The seat on Your Sons Bike looks Killer

Kev.

Could you please explain the process of creating the tuck and roll section? I would like to do it on a seat of mine, but I'm not sure how.

price is easy! and all the seats that are shown are cool...... and not that hard to do!

the big thing is what material do you want? and just how complicated do you want? that will dictate your price........

send me a picture of the seat and a ruff idea of what you want and Im sure we can work something out.

Hey Kev...the material look familiar? :D :p

Back