Teen age boys? Who knew?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was I this difficult when I was a teen. Don't get me wrong my kid is a great kid. He just alot harder to deal with. Emotional, moody, angry, backtalking like never before ( we stop that). Time for a man to son talk about listening and respect. Then if there is no change. MC Hammer and me got a thing called, " hammer time". Or the beetles Bang Bang maxwells silver hammer, ( not sure about that song, I don't want to beat him). Just help him be sensible. I think he is feeling sort of grown up and is confused when he can't make his own decisions. Ya know still a kid not yet an adult. Still under parental control, getting a bit O freedom. Then feeling like it gets yanked back.
Got his first pair of contacts last night. OM goodness. DRAMA... Just announced he has a girl friend. I stressed to him, at 14, it's friend, not girl friend. I do not believe that my son at 14 should be dating. This is my belief. Take it as you will. I feel dating is for finding a spouse. Other than that, i believe there is not a purpose other than eventually getting into trouble. So I am now teaching him about that stuff. I allow him to have his friends, participate in his life that way and with him. We have met her family, had her over for dinner, done things with her and them. It is turning out well. I tried to explain to him that girls, so I read get fancy on a boy. Then perhaps 6 months later they might be ready to move on. Just to safe guard him. So that's my 5 min gripe, stretch etc.
JT

Im 17, my dad and i Yell and scream at each other, call each other names. 20 minutes later were sitting in the living room watching tv laughing together. When we fight, when its done, its DONE. We don't drag it out.

lurker said:
Seriously? Just for getting a spouse?
Guess I've auditioned a whole lot of potental spouse's! :wink: Never got into any trouble.It's called being safe and responsible! But to each their own.I understand being a parent is'nt easy.My wife and I got together when her daughter was 15. :shock: Her mother taught her right and she did'nt have a kid until last year!(23yrs old,and married :wink: )Good Luck.....
L8 EM

my mom and dad are young, i think my mom was just glad that i got out of high school without becoming a dad in the process :lol:

hey wait a minute
what do you got against teenage boys?
ahahha
j/k
i'm only 15 so if you ask me
my parents are always wrong and I know best
hahaha
again only kidding
never had a girlfriend
i never really saw the whole point kinda saw it as a spouse chosin thing
and it never made sense to me to get a girlfriend and hae your parents ahul ytou asround and pay for you everytime you go somewhere
figured i'd wait till i could actually AFFORD one
then again thats just my two sense

moparmayhem93 said:
hey wait a minute
what do you got against teenage boys?
ahahha
j/k
i'm only 15 so if you ask me
my parents are always wrong and I know best
hahaha
again only kidding
never had a girlfriend
i never really saw the whole point kinda saw it as a spouse chosin thing
and it never made sense to me to get a girlfriend and hae your parents ahul ytou asround and pay for you everytime you go somewhere
figured i'd wait till i could actually AFFORD one
then again thats just my two sense

Are you sure you're only 15?...........I'm 54, been married for 35yrs.......and STILL can't afford her! (kidding)

moparmayhem93 said:
are you sating i should stay single?
haha :wink:

NO NO NO, Getting married was the BEST thing I ever did! You seem to have to be very level headed, for 15, a tribute to your parents. :lol:

Back