Tell me about this seat-post?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm guessing the bolt tightens the post in the tube? (originally I thought the bike was missing the clamp)
I unscrewed it like 5 inches and it didn't come out/apart... so I tightened it down again.

DSCN3250.jpg

???

probably like a gooseneck...with a wedge on the bottom...try loosening it and tap the bolt down...

first common on Huffman bikes in the early '50's then more common elsewhere. Huffy called it "Fit Sooner" because without the seatpost clamp the frame could be adult size but the seat would go down farther allowing your kid to Fit the bike sooner.
Scott 8)

I MADE one, for my build off bike (36 silver King). They make the bike look nice and "clean", with no clamp. It was so easy to make that I'll more then likely use em in most of my future builds. :wink:

I used one on my build-off bike too. I didn't make it, though. Swap meet material. $5.00. I like it. Works well, looks clean, and I think I too will probably use one or two more in my lifetime. Probably make them next time...

Someone told me that's what you have to use on the orange frame in this photo without a seat tube sticking up.

IMG_2838.jpg

THAT is sweet. Did you add the metal insert in between the bars or is that stock? If so, is that welded? How did you round the edges? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hey I have a hole 24 inch Ladies Huffy less wheels with this same seatpost. Has deacent HUFFY Badge
Bike has Trusrod frount end & has the old rear stays with adjuster screws ... wheel slides in from behind
IS NOT skip tooth for some reason.

Would love to trade or sell or .. or ...or LOL
No little girls in this home . Need the space ya know

Anybody ????????

The Wingman

Triggerfish said:
THAT is sweet. Did you add the metal insert in between the bars or is that stock? If so, is that welded? How did you round the edges? Inquiring minds want to know!
Thanks.
I welded in a metal plate and then went over it with Bondo.

When I first got the bike I didn't know they ever made seatposts this way. Thought it was home made.

Back