TEXAS WHITE CHRISTMAS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is what we got today in the DFW area and it's still coming down... :D

15496_10200190458308619_1136111972_n.jpg

Man...didn't even think about taking the 3G out. :lol:

It's supposed to get into the low 20s tonight so the snow will still be here tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
Man...didn't even think about taking the 3G out. :lol:

It's supposed to get into the low 20s tonight so the snow will still be here tomorrow. :mrgreen:

The snow will get them dirty! :shock:

Then again...your snow might be Magic Texas Snow and will probably restore paint and chrome :wink: :mrgreen: :wink:

Rat Rod said:

Well it IS in the low 20's here where I am... 22ºC that is. 91% humidity at the moment. Christmas day was rainy, warm and humid. No chance of any snow here I think :D

Darn, nothing but a dusting last week for us in the south west Chicago suburbs so far. Im sure by the time springs here Ill be sick of it so Im not complaining.

It's funny how we seem to get dumped on when snow comes through.

I think it may have something to do with having Lake Lewisville due West of us. Maybe the fronts pick up more moisture along the way.

Our streets are still covered here...ready for this stuff to go away now.

I'm not sure how yall put up with this for months on end up north.

It hasn't been 24 hours and I'm already tired of it. :lol:

There's something to be said for being able to throw on a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops and heading outside.

Rat Rod said:
I'm not sure how yall put up with this for months on end up north.

It hasn't been 24 hours and I'm already tired of it. :lol:

There's something to be said for being able to throw on a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops and heading outside.

Most of us were born into it and grew up with it. I have 55 Winters experience and hate it worse every year. Once your childhood fun in it is over, it's downhill from there.

Rat Rod said:
It's funny how we seem to get dumped on when snow comes through.

I think it may have something to do with having Lake Lewisville due West of us. Maybe the fronts pick up more moisture along the way.

Our streets are still covered here...ready for this stuff to go away now.
Could be, they say that about Lake Effects in the Chicago area.

Although I'm a native Texan, I lived in Michigan from age 9 to 16 and then near Chicago from 16-19.

I always tell my wife I already did my time in the winter wonderland and would be okay never seeing it again. :lol:

As a kid I loved snow for snowball fights, snow forts, snowmen, sledding, writing your name in it and knocking icicles off the house. Once I hit 16 it was about "snow days" from school, riding quads and doing donuts in the parking lots. Now that I'm even older the fun stuff has just accumulated. We got about 6-8" last night, most adults will stay inside if they don't have to make it to work, the rest of us are just "big kids".

I used to think that living somewhere warm year round would be awesome, but with age I have become to really embrace the changing seasons and Minnesota in general.

Latest posts

Back