Thank You Craig ! Continued....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Craigslist freebie Curb Alert posting had a bunch of household goods listed and said there was a Rusty Old Trike, Bring Bolt Cutters and It's All Yours.
Hmmm, Rusty old Trike? What the heck, why not?
The listing was in the neighbourhood so I took a walk over for a look-see without the bolt cutters and walked home holding the trike by the cable locked front wheel and my dog on a leash in the other. :D
KRock004_zps77fdc8d9.jpg
KRock001_zps1a4455f9.jpg

KRock005_zpsba7c5585.jpg

It' turns out the ad was posted by a young lady that I sold a vintage cruiser to a few months back and she was moving house. As of yet she hasn't found the battery or keys, but I have my fingers crossed!

Re: Thank You Craig !

Awesome freebie!

I may have your batteries! PM me if you need them.(yes I have 2, 1 new)

Hey Mikee, i'm in Canada, I'm itchin' to try out some batteries and don't have a charger either but shipping can be a little steep.
I think what's in the pack is the control module, but the only writing is in Chinese. I'll send you a PM too. Thanks.

B607, what you thought was a front brake is actually the 36 Volt motor.It does have a nice rear brake though.
KRock002_zps8a8f6b28.jpg
jpg
KRock003_zps40ae5e58.jpg

I don't know what the plan is yet. I do have a Beehive Springer, a Roadmaster Springer and a few 24X3 tires, chrome tractor style saddle from an old Exercycle and some big cruiser bars OR.....I could just keep the wheel with the motor and lovely patina and pass the trike along to a new owner.

Front wheel drive! I never knew there was such a thing. Does it work? Gary

B607 said:
Front wheel drive! I never knew there was such a thing. Does it work? Gary

Hey Gary,
I haven't checked it out yet. I don't have any lithium ion batteries handy. (or other 36V source)
The overall condition of the bike is excellent aside from that front rim, so I'm hoping the hub motor is as well.
My plan now is to keep the whole electrical set up and pass the trike along to a new owner.

The front hub is only 4" wide and on a 24" wheel. so I'll try and set it up on another bike after I track down the batteries.
In the meantime it'll go to the parts vault!
As it happens, I also got a pair of new 24X3 Fatti-Os in a trade last week. I just love when the pieces fall into place.

I did get to test ride a another local RRBer's (Dan Reid) modern Schwinn with this kind of front wheel drive set up and it scooted along pretty well.
This one will have to be a longer term project as I have a couple others on the go right now though.

Well the trike found a new home today in a cash and trade deal for this nice new Ladies Schwinn.
Then some of the cash went to the old Dyna and some to RRBer Duncan for a nice Royce Union horn.
I still have the electric motor set up from the trike and some change left over from the day's trading. :D
NewSchwinn003_zps5b2201b2.jpg
Dyanaglide003_zpsa4768219.jpg

You're welcome, good sir. :lol:

Craiggo said:
You're welcome, good sir. :lol:

So Anyway, I was checking the local Craiggo's List when I spotted the Dyno. Thanks Craiggo! :)
It turned out to be a local bike guy that I have bought and sold with before, so within 1/2 hour it was dropped off at my house.
I sawed off the welded crank arm and found empty races and loose balls running amok. I then somehow let the old sprocket disappear with the recyling too, Oops!
The 3 speed ended up on my 1st build and re build and build again Western Flyer and the bike is starting to look just about right.
What to do with the Dyno now? I'll check the Show me Your Dyno thread again for inspiration.

HAHA XD thats pretty funny. nice finds by the way!

Latest posts

Back