Thanks Kustom Kreator!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
John traded me this sweet Raleigh seat with some wicked grooves molded into the vinyl for a Rat Rod Bikes shirt. Got busy with some Testors white and some Acetone and VUALAH!...I've got a tricked out rat saddle. The whole thing took me 15 minutes. Thanks again John!

100_3590.jpg

100_3595.jpg

Here's the before shot...

IMG_0204.jpg

John even bead blasted the frame and painted it before he sent it.

IMG_0206.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Nice job. What was the purpose of the acetone?

Hey Randy,

I started to paint the grooves in the seat in with the white Testors paint and when I did...the grooves filled in too fast and paint started getting all on the edges and up on the raised portions on the seat. At that point I thought...CRUD!!! I just ruind my new seat! I decided to try wiping off what I had just painted with some acetone since I didn't have any thinner around. When I wiped across the seat with a cloth and the acetone it only wiped off the paint that had gotten on the edges and not the paint down in the grooves....cool! I went ahead and painted the rest of the grooves...quite speedily and messy like and then just wiped the whole seat surface with acetone and it cleaned right up.

So the lines look cool now, but not because of my steady hand or my mad painting skillz....HA HA!!!

very nice result! also a great idea to paint the seat!

you know you just started a new fad, were going to see alot of cool seats now... "ya know the saying about flattery" dig the seat.

Back