Thanks Paypal!! for nothing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I am trying to move on, dealing with a refund I did on a Hot Wheel I sold. I did the refund according to paypal , I had $268 in the paypal account and $225 in my bank account the money owed was $327 thought I had it covered , WRONG it seems on refunds paypal takes it directly from your bank account, So I also got hit with a insufficient funds charge so it cost me $35 to give a refund that wont clear till the 23rd :x :x :x :x

I attempted to set up an account with paypal, but something didn't seem right. I would rather pay the extra buck to buy a money order.

I got taken for $450 on a bike sale to Japan. They said they wouldn't cover it at the time since it was out of the country. I ended up losing over $1500 in the whole deal.

I have not had a bank account or Paypal account since that day almost ten years ago.

Banks and Paypal are a .... joke.

Buy local.

Several years ago I sold a car door handle for $14 to an unknown person states away from a car forum I frequent. The person paid me, payment cleared; I shipped him the door handle. Four months later I login to my paypal account to transfer some funds and it was LOCKED pending investigation !! I immediately called paypal and was informed the door handle buyer (for a measly $14) had received payment from a fraudulent account earlier that year and that as a result any transactions he had with anyone else (me included) received our accounts locked & to be investigated.

For nearly two weeks Paypal held thousands of my money and then finally relinquished the lock. No apology given; of course. I still use paypal and have never had any bad transactions ever in my life, but I am not too pleased with paypal after that situation.

I absolutely hate paypal. I build custom model cars and sold one on Ebay for $175.00. I was laid off and that was the only reason I sold it to put some money in my checking account. I guess their newest policy is if you have less than 100 feedbacks and you sell something over $100.00, they hold the money for 30 days or until the buyer posts a positive feedback. Well the buyer was an older man that forgot to post feedback so needless to say I had to contact him and ask him to leave feedback so that I could get my money. He posted postive feedback and they still wouldnt release my money until the 30 days was up.

Back