Thanks Vroom..( pictures Included )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A public thanks to Vroom for the quick and safe shipment of a NOS,indicator Rod for a Sturmey Archer 3 speed I have..

The 3 speed is for a 1969 Eatons Glider I just picked up.Another garage sale found Banana seat bike...

Thanks again Vroom,
Peace :D

0182.jpg

0183.jpg

0184.jpg

0185.jpg

Yes my friends...another origonal slick from the late 60's,man I love finding these!
0186.jpg

0181.jpg

+1 thanks to Vroom

A couple o' SA indicator rods landed in my mailbox this week too. :D

Thanks again!

img0144wh5.jpg

-Mp

:D Your welcome Guy's, glad I could help out a couple

of Canucks! That's one cool Timothy E "Mustang".

Speaking of Eaton's bikes:

purple2sc5.jpg

1972 Road King - My brothers first 'real' two wheeler, and it's still in the family. (And I know I've got the chainguard for it somewhere :roll: )

-Mp

:D Nice bike MP, it must great to still have

the bikes from your youth. And by the way

is that S/A hub you got coaster brake and dyno?

Vroom!

it must great to still have the bikes from your youth

Yep, I'm a packrat, still have all my old BMX stuff too. I really need to thin the herd a bit though.

is that S/A hub you got coaster brake and dyno?

3-speed with a drum brake (hand operated)

-Mp

Do both of those Eaton bikes have three-piece cranks? They seem like an odd choice for original equipment on 70's muscle bikes.

The purple Road King did come with three piece cranks, but not the one's pictured though. The originals are identical except for being a bit shorter with a smaller sprocket. I'd put the longer cranks & larger sprocket on to improve the rideability for an adult sized rider (Me!)

The bottom bracket is a small size with threaded in cups - a one piece crank is impossible to fit into this frame!

-Mp

Back