the $105 volkswagen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the 69' by masterpoop63, on Flickr
5419691191_17a75dcfdb.jpg
[/url]
the 69' by masterpoop63, on Flickr
bought this off a second cousin for $105 and its got a 1600cc, single port heads and all new seats,tires, a shifter and i also got LOTS of parts including another set of heads and an external oil cooler :mrgreen: this 69' is far better than my other 74' i got last year
my car is home 008 by masterpoop63, on Flickr

here's what you get for $350.....

........of course that was in 1981......... :wink:

vwkennebec.jpg

only sweet from a distance.... :D i think it was a '65. total rot on the underside. interior was very nice though. typical for illinois! i have fond memories of beetles- my dad had a used '63, then bought a new '67 ($2004 with crank sunroof and am radio), i had that '65, and later my wife had a '70 (i think) with that crazy 2 speed semi auto tranny..... :?

Bendix said:
only sweet from a distance.... :D i think it was a '65. total rot on the underside. interior was very nice though. typical for illinois! i have fond memories of beetles- my dad had a used '63, then bought a new '67 ($2004 with crank sunroof and am radio), i had that '65, and later my wife had a '70 (i think) with that crazy 2 speed semi auto tranny..... :?
awsome and the autotrans i think was supposed to be a 3 speed but that doenst mean hers was only 2 :mrgreen:

My dad inherited my uncler's brand new semi-auto tran beetle just after 6 months because the tranny didn't function to his likings! My dad drove the heck out of that thing til he eventually sold it because my mom was pregnant with me!!

Anyway, congrats on the "deals". engine alone is a few hundred!

Back