The 5 Star General-Initial mock up 08/03

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike is new in the project list and I am very excited to get this going, I feel that it's going to be very special when all finished. Thanks to yeshoney, I got this frame/tank and another frame for a great price. I knew they both had LOTS of potential and who could pass up that tank! :shock: It's a General which is made by Monark, and has great graphics to go along with it including a wonderful looking head badge. Her lines are very graceful and beautiful and is a solid straight frame.
2686060351_36f1399d62_b.jpg

2686880714_92ef03c789_b.jpg

2686068927_decc0b0317_b.jpg

2686893442_4975992dd1_b.jpg

2686082477_86159115a8_b.jpg

2686073071_3c7359f6b2_b.jpg

I think the real essence of this frame set is the tank and rear rack. I am currently sourcing a front fork and on the look out for a great looking chrome chain guard. I still havent decided what I am going to do with the frame at this point, I want to get it powder coated, and just not sure what color I am feeling at the moment. It will contrast really nicely I think with a great finished frame with original patina tank and rear rack. I dont want to ever loose its original feeling, just update it a little.

Stay tuned for updates!

Re: The 5 Star General

Most of the paint is still there, I would say clean it and put kerosene or linseed oil or something on the rusty parts (that would save the head badge), and do the flashy bit with wheels and such. But that's me.
Whatever you do, have a look at what powdercoating looks like after about ten years:
powdercoating2.jpg

powdercoating3.jpg

chimichanga said:
Nice frame! I can't wait to see how it will end up looking. :D

Yeah man, I love this frame alot. The chainring I am getting from you is going on this one. I need t take a few more pics, I just recently acquired some new parts for this build. Stay tuned.

I just got some new parts for this build and it's going well so far. This is my first initial mock up right now just to see her ina bit more proper stage and off the ground. The new fork is from yeshoney by way of Crassly. Thanks guys, it's great! I'm so happy to put a Monark fork on this bike, it just feels right.

I got the new front headlight and tail light for free when I bought some other stuff (for super cheap) at a lbs that has bins and bins of old parts. They cleaned up really nice. The chainring is from Chimichanga, which now you can see just seems to be the right piece for this bike as well. I love how delicate it looks. Bars and stem you may recognize from my Typhoon thats for sale, these I think actually work really well in this build.
2728723469_81f1b8d9ef_b.jpg

2729570228_6f4b20bfbb_b.jpg

2729560240_f1c64be8c7_b.jpg

Back