The ACT...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the ACT test today (yes!!! past tense!!!) :mrgreen:

Talk about a rush. :x I think I did okay on it. The science portion is never fun.

The hard part is over... now I just have to wait to get them results. :? Wish me luck!

same here man. the worst was the science with all this A sub-n mumbo jumbo and this that lambda those. :shock: i was suprised i did pretty well on the writing, how bout you?

lol, yeah, the science portion was talking in a different language it seemed...

I think I did pretty well on the writing. I had to change my thesis statement two times though. I didn't do any brainstorming... I was panicking at first but I believe I did alright when it was all said and done. Writing an essay on students' rights to critique their teachers based on their weaknesses in 30 minutes is not easy.

The math I liked. Did you like the math? Some of the questions were way too advanced though. :shock:

I thought the English was hard. There were two choices that seemed the same when you know that only one is right. :x

Now waiting for the MME tomorrow; are you excited? :wink: But the ACT is over!!! Stretch, let's celebrate in Owosso!

Cool man! ;] I took it last year, i got a 21. 36 being the highest, and our school avg is a 15 :shock: lol. you should do alright.

git r done! i need to retest, i had trrrible nemonia when i took it, i tested 25-30 on my pretests. :shock:

I took the ACT in '70 or '71. My buddy that I took the test with worked in a pharmacy and he gave me a sleeping pill and a hit of speed the night before the test. Took the sleeping pill and had a great nights sleep. Took the speed in the morning and I was rollin'. Took the test and I was the first one finished...that kind of worried me. Went over it again and turned it in. Scored 23 ENG, 30 MATH, 25 SOC.S., 32 N.SCI for a total of 28 COMP. I still have the little booklet with the scores. Better living through chemistry. :mrgreen: Gary

I thought the english was ok, but i bet i got most of them wrong from reading the questions wrong.
The math was killer, i cant do simple math in my head so i was struggling

i love science, so i got most of the science stuff down
wasnt most of it graphs anyhow?

schwinnmesa said:
lol, yeah, the science portion was talking in a different language it seemed...

I think I did pretty well on the writing. I had to change my thesis statement two times though. I didn't do any brainstorming... I was panicking at first but I believe I did alright when it was all said and done. Writing an essay on students' rights to critique their teachers based on their weaknesses in 30 minutes is not easy.

The math I liked. Did you like the math? Some of the questions were way too advanced though. :shock:

I thought the English was hard. There were two choices that seemed the same when you know that only one is right. :x

Now waiting for the MME tomorrow; are you excited? :wink: But the ACT is over!!! Stretch, let's celebrate in Owosso!
i got the same topic! :D and i did like the math, pretty easy. and they do that on purpose, they have the "pretty answer" that looks right, but isnt. and im excited its done! :lol:

It has been about 3 years sense the last time i took it (33) and i find that I did better when I just didn't worry about it at all. The English section is always the same, after a couple practice tests it gets better. The math is usually hit or miss, never know what is going to be on there. Reading was always my worst... I fell asleep during it. And the science isn't really about what science you know, you just have to be able to read the graphs that are there. It is like a specialized reading part, if you treat it like that it goes better.

If you take it again I hope this helps.

xHOBOPHOBIAx said:
It has been about 3 years sense the last time i took it (33) and i find that I did better when I just didn't worry about it at all. The English section is always the same, after a couple practice tests it gets better. The math is usually hit or miss, never know what is going to be on there. Reading was always my worst... I fell asleep during it. And the science isn't really about what science you know, you just have to be able to read the graphs that are there. It is like a specialized reading part, if you treat it like that it goes better.

If you take it again I hope this helps.

Good info. :wink:

stretch said:
i got the same topic! :D and i did like the math, pretty easy. and they do that on purpose, they have the "pretty answer" that looks right, but isnt. and im excited its done! :lol:

Haha, sweet! What were your main points? I basically said that students should evaluate their teachers because it could eliminate distractions that shouldn't be present in a learning environment (if the teacher doesn't take control of the class, that is) and that... emm... my second point... I can't remember. :wink:

i said that it would be awesome cuz i know of some teachers(insert anecdote) that need some revisions to their lesson. not a bad teacher, just need some help or need some updates. and i had a counter argument about that some kids wouldnt take it seriously, an joke around. im just glad i finished. :lol:

I'm taking the ACT test over again on June 12th... the day after I get dismissed from school after all of the exams. :( On my first ACT, I did the best in science, surprisingly. Hopefully I'll do better next time. If not, oh well. :wink:

good luck, and don't sweat the science section, its just another reading section.

stretch said:
what was your composite? mine was 23, i was pretty pleased with it.
33, i blame it on an easy test. before that never topped 28

Latest posts

Back