*** The Arrogant .......*** Theme Change Page 6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
****RAT ROD BUILD-OFF MEMBERS***

Re: *** The Naked Worksman***

i saw that truck in "goodguys" magazine and always liked it. the candy red with the bare metal looked good to me. good luck man. love the concept.

ezernut9mm said:
i saw that truck in "goodguys" magazine and always liked it. the candy red with the bare metal looked good to me. good luck man. love the concept.

Thanks man, I have had this magazine in my garage for like 2 years now. I always new I wanted to incorporate it into one of my hobbies. it has literally been my screensaver forever haha...

I worked on rounding up some parts today,

So my frame finally came in this past week, I have been busy with school so my progress on the bike has been a little slow.
I have not touched my wheels but I did manage to get started on stripping my frame, there are some spots left where i need to add some more Tal-Strip, polishing will commence tomorrow, and if not then, Thursday FOR SURE.

I am on the hunt for an amber lensed fog light, and I still need to make a seat somehow. I am planning on using a banana seat that i will upholster with the Mexican blanket that I showed. Well, here is a crappy progress pic, more pics will come.

IMG_20120513_201903.jpg

IMG_20120513_201635.jpg

MplsCoaster said:
That frame looks great all bare metal!

Thanks man!
I still have a lot of polishing left, but I am making some progress.

Ape Stanger said:
Cool, another worksman. This will push me to find the time to keep up.

Worksman's unite!
Haha, can't wait to see yours finished up man.

Peatbog said:
Those parts in union with the Worksman frame are looking really good.*

*The "union" thing was a joke--get it? ...ah, okay, it was a bad joke...carry on...

Haha, I get it :lol:

SO... i found out that there was going to be no class tomorrow, meaning, no need to prepare for my presentation. I emailed my powerpoint in and finished my Final this morning so that I could have all day after that and all day tomorrow to work on my projects.

I am still mulling the idea of powder coating my wheels or spray bombing them. Since I had them taken apart already I decided to test the paint. If I don't like it, it wont be a big set back time wise. I have 2 cans of metal speck red lying around for touch ups on another bike I have so I prepped up one hoop and went to town. I did the prep work and layed a few coats of adhesion promoter, followed by a primer, silver base coat, the red, and finally about 6 coats of clear.

The color came out great but I think that the red might be a bit too dark, I will wait and see until i have it laced up with tires on and all to decide whether or not I will keep it that color.
IMAG1373.jpg

This camera phone of mine REALLY DOES NOT do this finish any justice. I am really digging the potential contrast between the deep metallic red against both bare polished steel and chrome.
IMAG1382.jpg

IMAG1386.jpg

I really want this bike to b a perfect blend of Lowrider meets Traditional Hot Rod, With a mexican blanket upholstered banana seat and nice clean apes, i have the lowrider part down(well, mostly) For an aggressive hot rod look, what better way is there to achieve that look than to order some Jerald Slicks!!!
IMG_5243Medium.jpg

Peatbog said:
Those rims with those spokes with those tires are going to be smokin'!
Thanks man!
I went out to look at the hoop to see how it cured, it was not as dark as I thought it would be.
The first time I used this red, I laid down a metallic gold base coat, using the silver base coat made a HUGE difference, i might just roll with it.

While Watching the Lakers get HUMILIATED earlier tonight, I realized that I was getting bored. My impatience got the best of me and I decided to lace up the hoop that I had painted earlier. It has obviously not fully cured yet, but it was dry enough to handle.

I cleaned up the spokes and hub and went to work, Here is a before and after.
IMAG1394.jpg

IMAG1398.jpg

I will paint the other hoop tomorrow and then get started on my banana seat.

Latest posts

Back