The Atomic BB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Northwoods Ridgedale, made by Kent bicycles. Slightly modified.

picture.php

tin machine said:
wow ...that bike looks bad @SS is that nitrous on the back functional ? cool bike 8)

I get ask that a lot, but actually they just hold gasoline pre mix.

mastronaut said:
Man I get nervous when I see the springer on the front raked like that...somehow I don't see it as being safe at high speeds. :shock:

It really did take a while to get used to. Now it feels pretty normal, but I still can't ride it with one hand lol. It actuall handles better at high speeds than at low speed.

Look out for high speed wobbles ! looks cool ,nice Rake :!:

mastronaut said:
I was actually thinking of road debris or a hole at high speed, just looks to me like that front end would fold under pressure....but yeah it LOOKS cool..... :p

I think they're strong enough, but on a motor bicycle the pivots seem wear pretty fast. They do have a soft ride, expecially at speed, but I can tell they won't last very long. For $50 replacement cost I'll be lucky to get one year out of them.

Well, I'm probably being a little 'Dad-ish' about it, I had a motor on mine for a while, so I can attest to the stuff that can be encountered on the road...stuff like rocks and holes that don't affect you at pedaling speed (mainly reaction time) can turn into a bad day if you're not paying attention. Sorry for the editorial....cheers! 8)

HGNSFLTLNR1.jpg

mastronaut said:
Well, I'm probably being a little 'Dad-ish' about it, I had a motor on mine for a while, so I can attest to the stuff that can be encountered on the road...stuff like rocks and holes that don't affect you at pedaling speed (mainly reaction time) can turn into a bad day if you're not paying attention. Sorry for the editorial....cheers! 8)

That's ok, I appreciate the concern. Hopefully nothing bad will ever happen. I've been riding for over 50 years, but a good friend told me onetime that, "everytime you ride, death rides along with you." I always try to keep that in mind.

ps, your bike if great too.

"everytime you ride, death rides along with you." Perhaps. I had a heart attack sitting at my desk when I was more sedentary. Pedaling my motor assisted bike puts distance between me and death by getting my heart pumping! Death is sitting watching TV while I'm on my bike.

Great bikes. I saw mastronaught's bike in the thread where the dear whistlers were pointed out. Nice to see more of it. I don't know how you chose what to ride biknut, this or the Felt. Both great looking but very different characters.

I like the build. One thing I can really relate to is that at one point you say something about being nearly done and then continue to work on it. Mine will never be done. Some people have a vision and just build it but some want or need to tweak it a bit.

Harold_B said:
I don't know how you chose what to ride biknut, this or the Felt. Both great looking but very different characters.

That is going to be a problem once the new wears off the Felt. I've always loved the Atomic BB.

mitchelangelo said:
Danger or Not..........that is one sweet wicked ride!! :wink:

Thanks mitchelangelo. You can't get rid of danger anyway, and besides that I could ride the box it came in lol.

Back