* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: * THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(another problem :( )

question and answer. :D

maybe this is a silly question (can't seem to make it out in the pic)

if ya flip the rear sprocket, will it make a difference or put the chain closer to the rear tire?
can you shim out your main sprocket a little?

couple idea's for the drop out issue.
how close are ya if you go with a shorter chain?
smaller/larger skip tooth sprockets.
unbolt the larger bolts, and pivot the drop outs (on the smaller bolts) it will raise/lower the stance of the bike, but it might take up/remove a link or 2. then just redrill the larger holes

last but not least, drop outs 2.0 :) (ie fashion new ones. :) )

i would make new drop outs horizontal is the way to go. taking a link out of a skip chain would be too much. and yea the wheel probably just needs to be dished to the left a bit more you can do this with the wheel in the frame.

FINISHED 8) 8) 8) 8)
Well, i got the bike done this morning in preperation for the Cartersville Car and vintage bike show. These arent the finnal pics but they are just some i got snapped at the show today. I'm still missing a horn. I havent been able to come across one yet. Hopefully ill find one before the deadline. At the show today I found a guy that told me if i came ut to his barn he would let me have my choise of 55 40s-50s model bikes. He has Western Flyers, Elgins, Columbias, JC Higgins, and Schwinns stacked to the roof. Cant wait!!! So that means today was a great finnal day of the build off :D
100_3417-1.jpg

100_3425.jpg

100_3410.jpg

100_3409.jpg

turned out awesome! didja give up on the idler idea? :)

Man that is so nice! Clean and Sweet!

she rode like a charm.This is now my daily ridder...out of everything on the bike the rear dropout was the biggest hit! also the suicied brakes worked great.

very very well done it has a great stance and some neat outside the box ideas. roth would be proud

greg66 said:
I STILL THINK THIS IS A COOL BIKE.YOU GOT MY VOTE YEP I SAID IT.HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE RIDE IN SACRAMENTO ON THE 17TH WITH THIS BIKE. 8)
Sorry man none of the bikes will be with me on that ride. Cant take them on the plane with me.....you gotta remember im on the east coast :lol:

Latest posts

Back