The Best Floor Pump?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a used Silca? Had no idea they were so expensive. My dad gave me mine as a Christmas gift. I like the clink clink sound they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a used Silca? Had no idea they were so expensive. My dad gave me mine as a Christmas gift. I like the clink clink sound they make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silcas used to be far more affordable. Then, they went to having the regular models and the super-expensive model: Super Pista Ultimate, @$450. Now, according to the new website, they're only offering the up-market one, but you can still get a NOS Silca Pista or Super Pista for under $100, plus some more pedestrian Silca pumps for even less.

Park PFP-8. cheap and takes a beating...plus rebuild kits are easily purchased.

I rocked a Park PFP-#(?i forget the exact model number?) for over 15 years; it did a fine job. And yeah, the rebuild kit is just the head and the plunger gasket, but that's usually all you need to fix most pump issues. It was a great pump for the price, and when it finally broke down (head problems), i absolutely didn't feel like it owed me anything. However, I'd secretly wanted to upgrade it basically from the moment that I bought it. I'm probably just old-fashioned, but I generally avoid plastic tools. (The pump that the Park replaced, however, was a Giant-branded thing I bought in a pinch--- it had a metal barrel, but it sucked BAD and didn't even last me a year....)

Back