The best of 2011?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive just come to the realization that 2011 is almost over :( and that christmas is almost here :cry: but even though its close, it still isnt over. so looking back reflecting on this year, and all the bikes ive built, watched be built, and help with parts building, i realized there was alot of "favorite" bikes that were built this year.
so what was your favorite bike you built?
and what was your favorite bike someone else built?

merry everything, and happy new year :mrgreen:

Three of my favorites this year would have to be KOTA's "Rats-Alt" & garagegoons "Go Away", and of course Petrohead's "Deluxe 6" 8) 8) 8) Sorry can't narrow it down any further. I could go on & on. Hard to even stop at 25 in my opinion!

pick said:
Three of my favorites this year would have to be KOTA's "Rats-Alt" & garagegoons "Go Away", and of course Petrohead's "Deluxe 6" 8) 8) 8) Sorry can't narrow it down any further. I could go on & on. Hard to even stop at 25 in my opinion!
H :wink: LL YEAH :!: and the Auction bike . and the Rust-DX , and..........

Every time I go through the galleries, I find a new favorite.

My own is a bike I built this year, it came out better than any other I've ever done. I don't know if I can top it, and why I didn't wait for the annual build off to enter it.

w7orix.jpg

Wildcat said:
Every time I go through the galleries, I find a new favorite.

My own is a bike I built this year, it came out better than any other I've ever done. I don't know if I can top it, and why I didn't wait for the annual build off to enter it.

w7orix.jpg

I'd have to agree with ya Wildcat! That is one sweet bike! 8)

Well I'd have to say my favorite bike I built was the Schwinn Hollywood I did recently for my fiance. One of the only bikes I built this year really. And I like about all the bikes built on here so it's tough to narrow it down to even a top 10 list let alone one.

There have been so many amazing builds this year. Working on the auction bike with all the help from the members was so much fun. The Rust-DX turned out better than I could have hoped. But I think the bike I built that means the most to me was the one I built for my wife. She tolerated my bicycle hobby (obsession) for several years and she finally came and told it was time for me to build her one. We spent hours and hours pouring through the gallery and build forums looking for exactly what she wanted. Seeing her ride it for the first time with a big ol' grin on her face let me know I had hit the nail on the head.

252459_10150330208790278_118735470277_9814952_1092466_n.jpg

figured ishould post mine haha, i think the best and favorite one ive built so far would have to be either the meat wagon cause everyone loves it and it has never really broken down, or the Dyno i just finished for my little sister. it came out exactly as planned and works perfectly and now she can ride with me. i just realized there is a loooong list of favorites ive seen being built this year. :roll:

I think my favourite that I built would be this 36 CCM Motorbike. This thing was a mess when I got it..over 25 dents in the frame (most on the top tube, of course!), original paint long gone,saddle had no cover, one broken spring rod, everything rusted. But it cleaned up pretty good, and I`m happy with the results. Rides great!

6408226247_554ebd8295_b.jpg

My Best builds of 2011?

I always a have blast when doing a build off. All the encouragement from all the Members while doing the build is great.
I really like how my "Bellowing Yellow" turned out.

4seasons007-23-1.jpg

RatRodBuildOff6045-1.jpg

But my absolute favorite build this year has to be the CWC I did for my 9 year old's Christmas Gift! :D

GarretsBike2011018-2.jpg

Double thumbs up!..... Can't beat that!
GarretsBike2011014-5.jpg

Back