The Betty Ln.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I wanted to do a build and actualy document the process.I have not done this thus far,call me impatient...So im starting with this frame from "Simpleman".

0amurrayframe.jpg

The plan is to flip the frame so I had it blasted before work begins.First I had to cut the two frame tubes off of the seat tube.The seat tube had to be removed any way because of the frame lugs.I grabbed a schwinn 24" hollywood out of the scrap bin.Cut a peice off and welded a new seat tube in that gives it some style and moves the seat back.

Camera007.jpg

While I was at it had a buddy turn down a slug to fill the hole in the bottom bracket.

011.jpg

012.jpg

Thats that for now.Going to start on the rest today and try to get some pictures up. Stay tuned!
-Kreep-

Ooh yeah ,i can see where yer goin with this>Very Cool...... 8)

Well the front frame tubes went really good.Thankfully... I have to much stuff :lol: The bottom tube tappered down in dia.-thats not gona work.

Camera008.jpg

Cut the tube and grabed some more tubing from a doner frame-tacked her on.

Camera009.jpg

Did the same thing for the top bar.

010.jpg

I know it looks goofy right now but that will change in about 30 min.!
-Kreep-

Alright got the tubes cut and mitered.
013.jpg

and shes all tacked up!!! :D
014.jpg

Plenty more to come for sure,I have a feeling this was the quickest thing on the whole build... :shock:
-Kreep-

I like the look with the curved seat tube. When I made mine I welded spark plugs in the holes for the old tubes, I think I prefer the clean blocked off look though.

Thanks fellas'. Ralph,no i want be adding another tube,but LOTS of other stuff is in the works for this(including some parts from yourself).So far three bikes have been sacraficed for the frame.When its all said and done I plan to have a list of all parts and where they came from.Took a day of rest and recovery today :wink: will get back at it on monday.
-Kreep-

Not any updates on the bike.Just been digging through the shop to find parts and waiting on some to show up.Also selling my hearse so I can get some more room.Plan to get some stuff done tomorow and update with some pics.
and these are old pics and only half of the shop,it's crazy trying to find stuff that has been kicking around for 15 years.

Camera005.jpg

Camera004.jpg

Camera003.jpg

Camera006.jpg

-Kreep-

Sure do(and it will involve gold leaf :wink: ). I have done a ton of these frame flips,all diff. styles. haven't done one in a few years and saw this from Simpleman and had to do it.Obviosly trying to make this one the sickest to date.Maybe I'll dig up some other photos of some of the other ones from the past.
-kreep-

Already snagged em' for another murray middle weight tanker for a customer.I'll post a pic up tomorow of a frame you might be interested in Ratrod :wink: .its funny I look at these pics then walk out to the shop and it looks compleatly diff. bikes already gone and new ones coming in every day.
-Kreep-

PARTS! :D got the rear dropouts and atom from ASBoltnut today.Got the rims scuffed up getting ready for some etching primer.They come off of an early 90's Caloi cruiser,they are insanely cool.Cut some spokes out of a pair of schwinn wheels for the brass nipps'.Not sure what tires im gona use but I think these red bricks will go with the overall final paint scheme.More updates this afternoon
-Kreep-
009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

not to much of an update.Waiting for some tubing for the rear seat stays.So...I took the rear dropouts apart so I can fit them into the new tubing.
001-1.jpg

Then disassembled the rear hub from ASboltnut,freshend everything up and put a little of the paint colors im going to use on it.
005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Hopefully going to the metal yard tomorow so I can finish the frame up and get going with all the goodies i have planned.
-Kreep-

Back