The big blue whale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, 'The big blue whale' is what is written on the chainguard..... but it looks more like a 1950 Schwinn.

Long story short, I'm a garbage man and I have been eyeing this bike leaning up against a tree for several years now, every friday when I pick up the trash on the street. I was bound and determined to get this bike some day. Well this friday the landlord was evicting the tenant of 16 years and was putting ALL of the tenants stuff on the front lawn. He told me to check back tuesday, he was giving them until tuesday to get all of their stuff. He said that if they don't grab it by tuesday night that they prolly aren't planning on taking it.

Well around noon today I decided to drive out there to see if the tenant happened to be there moving some of their things, and sure enough they were there packing up important things. Talked to the tenant for a bit, helped them move a broke down Mustang, found a box of photos they were searching for, and she thanked me for the help and gave me the bike. Apparently she had traded a van for the bike.

Well this poor bike has been sitting outside in nice and dry western washington for many years. Booth wheels turn, but everything else is rusted real bad.

Looks like I have some work ahead of me!

She had to have her picture taken with the new....errr old bike.

Back