The Bike Barn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard about this barn that had 300 to 400 old bikes in it and I finally made contact with the owner. After talking a few times he let me spend a couple of hours wandering around with a flashlight and find anything I was interested in. I told him that is like asking a alcoholic if there is anything in the liquor store that caught his eye. Unbelievable amount of OLD bikes in there. I will post pics in the next day or two. There are literally, row upon row in this barn. Lots of woman's bikes but tons of mens. I was specifically looking for tankers. I walked out with a Hiawatha tank bike called a St. Croix and a really cool Roadmaster that could be a Luxury Liner, I'm not sure. The serial number on the bottom of the Roadmaster is A20002. If any of you in and around West Michigan want to come take a look at this place, send me a pm. I told the owner if I posted this, he would probably have some guys who want to see this museum. He knows his bikes and I he has been collecting for a long time. But he wants to clear some bikes out. There are plenty of good 60's bikes too. If you guys who went to Websters junkyard had fun, wait until you see this. PS. Tricycles stacked head high! Brian

ozzynut2 said:
Post his address or Number so we can call. Also like the last post how are the prices?
Poor guy's phone would melt!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ...Usually these rumors turn out to be underwhelming, but sounds like the real deal this time! All of us far away from there want PICS, BIG PICS!!! And where's my drool bucket?... -Adam

Several people have asked me about prices. I wish I could tell you that they are cheap but the owner knows his bikes. He's had them for a long time and I heard he has a lot because he doesn't wheel and deal much. So I asked him today what do I tell guys when the want to know how much and here is what he said, " Depends on what mood I'm in and if I like you that day". I have been trying to develop a friendship with Jim ( the owner) and I find him to be a good guy. I was told that if he likes you, you will do better. So if you do go or call, be courteous and cool and try not to ruffle feathers. I would be glad to pass on his number via pm's or you can call me. Just shoot me a pm and I will try to set it up. I am going next Tuesday afternoon or evening with a couple of guys. The Bike Barn ( my name for it, not his) is south of Holland MI out in the country. It is just a fun place to explore even if you don't buy. Brian

Back