The BLUESY Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is Bluesy the day I found him. Very rusty, with the clear coat flaking off all over:
Pre-rustremoval4.jpg

Pre-rustremoval2.jpg

Pre-rustremoval3.jpg

Here is Bluesy after rust removal. I used chrome remover and wire wheels. The chrome back in the 1960's was sooo awesome that not even a scratch resulted and I even removed the clear coat which made the chrome glow :)
Midrustremoval2.jpg

Midrustremoval-1.jpg

Here is Bluesy with Parts from my "junk box".
IMG_6893.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

Here is Bluesy nearly complete. Fenders from a JC Higgins (I chopped the rear fender), fender braces are Spaceliner and JC Higgins, handlebars are from a Spaceliner, tires Kenda cream, wheels are JC Higgins and some no name new one, grips are Columbia, seat is Troxel with all the material removed (I added the studs on the back of the seat), seat post from pre-war Elgin (I had to fit the post into an existing seat post), pedals are from Western Flyer (I added the jewels), chainguard is from a Spaceliner (I added the studs), springer is Spaceliner, tank is from Columbia (gotta love the lights that work)
BLUESY019.jpg

BLUESY018.jpg

BLUESY016.jpg

BLUESY015.jpg

BLUESY014.jpg

BLUESY013.jpg

Send me some input for a chain... Chrome, metalic blue?

Great work! Love the way this one came out! i would go with an anodized blue chain, but thats my .02

I would love to see your bike and JoeyMac's DevilWing in a photoshoot together! WOW!

I think you need to come up with a better name for it though. Maybe use the word "Lightning" in the name.

Great pics too!

Joe

I'd call it....

The BLUE DWARF! (The scientific name of a star at some point). No? Well, not the best name. :p

Nice to see another member from Massachusetts.

I love what you've done with the bike.

For a serious name, "skyliner" sounds kind of nice and makes sense with the blue- through that may have been an original Murray model name in the '60's.

I said it before, that bike is ICE COLD! HINT,HINT

I upgraded several bikes to chrome chains and I haven't really noticed much of a difference in appearance. I'd go with a blue chain on this bike since it already has two horizontal blue features in place, the rear struts on the front fender and the chain guard. Then again it might be a little too much.

Chains are inexpensive. Just buy both and see which one you like best.

BankerRAt said:
Thanks for the compliments. I have to give Joey his props tho! His bike was my inspiration. I agree... Both bikes in a picture would be cool.

Thanks for the Props! Your BlueLiner is something unique for sure! I like how you mounted up the tank/lights, and that metal seat and post are really cool! I like the choice of tires, but if you want to get crazy, there are these too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BICYCLE-TIRES-BALLO ... 7C294%3A50

0b3d_1.JPG

If you're not too far from the CT border you oughtta come join us down here for a ride sometime! And I think there was almost a ride in NorthHampton this year, maybe that might happen again. Then we could definitely get a picture of the Devils together :)

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks Joe. Like i said... your bike was awesome! The way i mounted the tank was from the rear bike rack stays from an old spaceliner rack. I just inverted them. The seat post works ok.. I just cant tighten it up all the way tho. Funny you should mention the blue tires... I have them on order :) I used to have a friend in Putnam. Are you close to there? ya l;ets get the bikes together when the weather clears up for sure

Joey is more like the OCC of the world. Im just a Banker letting loose his inner child. I think a Spaceliner build-off would be cool! I have one other spaceliner thats on the Spaceliner post and I AINT messing with that. If I can find another frame, Joey and i can have at it! What do you say Joey?

Where's Crassly?? Oh yeah we gotta wait until the May thaw for him to find his bikes, LOL :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Back