<< The Board Trucker >>

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
It has taken me a couple of weeks of paint stripping and wet sanding just to get this far. I threw on a set of wheels and tires and a seat just for mock up. not sure what will stay and what will go. This thing was suppose to be restored when I got it - YEAH RIGHT! The thing was so mickey moused. Good thing I had extra pieces parts to get the nuts and bolts parts right. Some people take the easy way out.

BoardTrucker.jpg

Nice...I see Karfer's Ratty truck might not be able to take your lunch money. Was this the offbrand cycletruck you got a couple months ago?

Hey gang,

This is a Cleveland Welding Roadmaster Cycle Truck. I need to search for some literature about it to date it correctly. IMO it has nicer lines than most of the Schwinn Cycle Trucks, the very early ones being the exception. This bike was definitely worked hard in it's lifetime and has seemed to hold up pretty well. It's going to be a challenge to get gears between the rear dropouts, but I will come up with something. I have been toying with an early Sturmey 3 speed with a sturmey 3-speed cog shifted with a suicide shifter and stick shift. Getting the parts will be key. I know they exist. I might have to call in some heavy hitters to help locate them. Also may try to use old Colson flat fenders to offset5 the curved brace. We will have to see how it progresses.

Joe

Man o Mannn. yeshoney you have some of the nicest bikes on here no joke. I love the lines of this thing!!!

Back