the buzzard 3-23

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i got this old evans frame from dogdart,about a week ago, and started playing around with it. very unusual cantilever design going on here. the largest rear stay openings ive come across,combined with a shortish 15" seat tube! :shock: got some more tweaking to be done and ive got a old red vintage tractor light that was made for this baby! 8)
DSCN3200.jpg
DSCN3203.jpg
DSCN3207.jpg
DSCN3212.jpg
DSCN3216.jpg
DSCN3224.jpg
DSCN3221.jpg
DSCN3226.jpg
DSCN3211.jpg

Re: the buzzard

i really like it. that frame and rear fender are cool! 8)

Cool build.......Excellent rear tire :mrgreen:

That is looking cool :shock: Looks like it was made for the drag strip :mrgreen: Sweet 8)

SimpleMan said:
Cool build.......Excellent rear tire :mrgreen:
jeff, remember when i told you that all my builds from now on, have to have a part from you, for good luck? :lol: well, that rear fender is the leftover colorflow front fender that you gave me. just been chopped,stripped and widened, to hug that huge tire. 8)

Jimmy65 said:
Whats this rear tire?Very cool.
the rear tire is a boa-g, from 3G bicycles. they list it as being a 26x3.45, but it really measures out closer to a 26x3.0! :lol: just wish it didnt have all the reflective lettering, but at least its not a flame tread tire.

after doing a little research, i believe that this bike started life as an evans matador. pretty bland looking bike, but it looks like it might have had rain gutter style fenders.hard to tell from pic,though. if anybody has any info on this creature,it would be appreciated! :)
evansmatador.jpg

texasbigjon said:
after doing a little research, i believe that this bike started life as an evans matador. pretty bland looking bike, but it looks like it might have had rain gutter style fenders.hard to tell from pic,though. if anybody has any info on this creature,it would be appreciated! :)
evansmatador.jpg
there was one square fender sill on it when I got it , but I'm using it on my Colson Gasser bike . Here's a pic of the seat that was on it , it has little Evans symbols on it .
020-1.jpg
031.jpg

Back